How to Apply

Thank you for your interest in ACC!

Application Deadlines:


New F-1 Students Seeking
an I-20 from ACC

Transfer Students in the U.S.

Visiting Students

Fall semester
(mid-August to mid-December)

June 1

July 5

July 5

Spring semester
(mid-January to mid-May)

November 15

December 1

December 1

Summer semester
(end of May to mid-August)

March 1

April 15

May 1

*Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

A Complete Application will Include:

  1. ACC application (this will generate your student number)
  2. International application
    1. Non-refundable application fee ($75.00 USD)
    2. Proof of English Language Proficiency
      • Internet-based TOEFL score of 57 or higher. (ACC TOEFL Code 4014)
      • IELTS score of 5.5 or higher
      • Official Michigan Test score of 75 or higher. Note: Only accepted if taken at Spring International Language Center
      • Successful completion of an ACC - approved English Language School Program (Spring International Language Center, Colorado School of English, or University of Denver Intensive English Center).
      • Graduation from a U.S. high school.
    3. Financial Statement

      Estimated expenses for an International Student for two semesters are:
      Tuition and Fees................................... $12,495
      Books and Misc....................................... 5,200
      Housing/Living/Personal Expenses......... 13,000

      Add an additional $5,000 for each Dependent Example: 1 dependent – total needed: $34,695

      TOTAL $30,695

    4. Proof of Financial Resources (i.e. bank statement/letter)
    5. Proof of High School graduation
    6. Photocopy of Passport Identification Page and Visa Identification Page (if applicable)
    7. Emergency Contact Information

Transfer Students

Current F-1 students who are transferring from another SEVP-certified school must, in addition to the above:

Visiting Students

Current F-1 students attending other colleges or universities may co-enroll for credit at Arapahoe Community College by providing the following documentation:

English Language Students

Students who do not currently meet the English Language Proficiency requirement may complete an approved English language program, like the one offered at Spring International Language Center or Colorado School of English, and then transfer to ACC.


<< Previous (How to Attain F-1 Visa Status)

Next (Arriving at ACC) >>