Advising & Support
- Online Education Support
- Testing Center
- Career Services
- Transfer Services
- Disability Access Services
- Student Support
Start at ACC, Move Mountains Anywhere!
Let us be your guide as you plan for your educational path. ACC can help make your transition as seamless as possible by helping you find the courses for your degree that will transfer to a 4-year institution.
Steps for Transferring
It is never too early to start preparing for your transfer. Starting early allows you to fully understand your options and to ensure the smoothest transfer possible. Some tips that will help in your planning:
- Utilize Career Services to explore majors and possible career tracks
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to determine your academic plan
- Use Navigate to set your course plan through graduation
- Review Transfer Agreements for information about how your ACC courses may transfer
Do Your Research
Colorado has a lot of great transfer options. There are also online options and the option to attend school out of state. As you explore the 4-year schools you are interested in, keep the following in mind:
- Review admissions requirements such as grade point average (GPA), letters of recommendation, etc.
- Familiarize yourself with Colorado's Transfer Admission Standards if you plan to attend school in Colorado
- Ensure the schools you are exploring have degree programs in which you are interested
- Know the cost of attendance and financial aid options
Take the time to call the financial aid offices of the 4-year school you are considering to learn important dates and deadlines as well as what types of financial aid will be available to you.
Completing the Transfer
Once you have decided where you plan to transfer, there are some best practices for ensuring a successful transition:
- Submit your application for admission
- Check to see if there are any application fees or fee waivers
- Request copies of your ACC transcripts to be sent to your selected institution
- Meet with a transfer admission specialist at the school you plan to attend in order to understand how your credits will transfer
- Research and attend any orientations that are offered at your chosen institution
Transferring to ACC?
Complete the following steps to transfer to ACC from your current institution.
- Apply to ACC
- Send your official transcripts to Records and Enrollment Services:
Arapahoe Community College
Attn: Records & Enrollment Services - Transcript Evaluator
5900 S. Santa Fe Drive
Littleton, CO 80160
- Check to see if you can get credit for life/work experience through Prior Learning Assessment
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to help you get and stay on track to your degree/certificate.
careers [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Monday 2:00 - 4:00pm
Tuesday 9:00 - 11:00am
Contact us to make an individual appointment.