Advising & Support
- Online Education Support
- Testing Center
- Career Services
- Transfer Services
- Disability Access Services
- Student Support
Start at ACC, Move Mountains Anywhere!
Let us be your guide as you plan for your educational path. ACC can help make your transition as seamless as possible by helping you find the courses for your degree that will transfer to a 4-year institution.
Transferring to ACC? Scroll down to our Transfer To ACC section to find out more about how to transfer credit to ACC, find your path, and start Moving Mountains.
Transfer Out of ACC
It is never too early to start preparing for your transfer. Starting early allows you to fully understand your options and to ensure the smoothest transfer possible. Some tips that will help in your planning:
- Utilize Career Services to explore majors and possible career tracks
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to determine your academic plan
- Use Navigate to set your course plan through graduation
- Review Transfer Agreements for information about how your ACC courses may transfer
Do Your Research
Colorado has a lot of great transfer options. There are also online options and the option to attend school out of state. As you explore the 4-year schools you are interested in, keep the following in mind:
- Review admissions requirements such as grade point average (GPA), letters of recommendation, etc.
- Familiarize yourself with Colorado's Transfer Admission Standards if you plan to attend school in Colorado
- Ensure the schools you are exploring have degree programs in which you are interested
- Know the cost of attendance and financial aid options
Take the time to call the financial aid offices of the 4-year school you are considering to learn important dates and deadlines as well as what types of financial aid will be available to you.
Completing the Transfer
Once you have decided where you plan to transfer, there are some best practices for ensuring a successful transition:
- Submit your application for admission
- Check to see if there are any application fees or fee waivers
- Request copies of your ACC transcripts to be sent to your selected institution
- Meet with a transfer admission specialist at the school you plan to attend in order to understand how your credits will transfer
- Research and attend any orientations that are offered at your chosen institution
Transfer to ACC
Complete the following steps to transfer to ACC from your current institution.
- Apply to ACC
- Send your official transcripts to Records and Enrollment Services:
Arapahoe Community College
Attn: Records & Enrollment Services - Transcript Evaluator
5900 S. Santa Fe Drive
Littleton, CO 80160
- Check to see if you can get credit for life/work experience through Prior Learning Assessment
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to help you get and stay on track to your degree/certificate.
Reverse transfer is for students that transfer to Colorado 4-year institutions before graduating / completing their degree program at ACC. Once at the 4-year institution, you can ‘opt-in’ to the reverse transfer program. After attending the 4-year institution, institution will send over your file to ACC to review for additional transfer credits toward a possible reverse transfer degree. Learn more about reverse transfer through Colorado Department of Higher Education.
What to Know About Reverse Transfer
- Reverse transfer degrees are limited to Associate of Arts (general), Associate of Science (general), or Associate of General Studies
- ACC evaluates reverse transfer files once a year (usually in late Spring)
- If you haven't opted in or are not sure if you have, contact records [at] arapahoe [dot] edu to learn how you can get your reverse transfer degree
careers [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Littleton Campus - M2010
Transfer to ACC
records [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Littleton Campus - M2480
We are currently offering all our appointments virtually. Call 303.797.5805 or email careers [at] arapahoe [dot] edu to schedule a virtual appointment with one of our staff! Want to schedule an appointment through Navigate? Watch this short video to learn how!
Our drop-in hours are currently on hold. Please see notes above to schedule an appointment with one of our staff.
Bridge to Bachelor's Degree Program
Your Guaranteed Pathway to a 4-Year Degree in Colorado!
The Colorado Community College System’s (CCCS) Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program ensures new, first-time students attending any CCCS College are guaranteed admission to a participating 4-year college or university upon completion of an associate degree.
Save an average of $10,000 by starting your degree at ACC!