Advising & Support
- Student Success
- Testing Center
- Career Services
- Transfer Services
- Student Access Services
- Student Support
If you are not submitting your current ACT/SAT scores, the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) requires you take a college placement test to determine your readiness for college-level courses in math and English.
Do I Have to Take a Test?
Please submit any of the following to the Testing Center to determine whether or not you need to take a placement test.
- ACT/SAT scores from within the past five years
- College placement scores from within the past five years
- Unofficial college transcripts showing college level math and English
- Accuplacer test scores from another college
- High school transcript from within the past five years
- Other credits including AP, IB, CLEP, DSST, UXCEL
- Have your official transcript/scores sent to Records and Enrollment Services for evaluation
About ACC's College Placement Test
- Our general college placement test assesses skills in English and math
- Test scores will help determine which courses you should take and is valid for 5 years
- The test is not timed, but typically takes about 90 minutes to complete
- The cost is $10 for any ACC student / $20 for non-ACC students first-time testing session and $10 per section for retests.
- You don't need an appointment to take the placement test at the Littleton Campus
- We also offer placement testing for biology and languages (Spanish or French)
- Where do your Accuplacer scores place you? ACC Course Placement Matrix
Resources for Placement Tests
Whether you are taking the college placement test of the first time or retaking it to improve your scores, we have testing tips and study resources that can help you get your best score.
College Placement Test Score Request Form
To have a copy of your placement test scores sent to you or another college, please fill out the College Placement Test Score Request Form and acctestingcenterallcampus [at] arapahoe [dot] edu (email us) or fax to 303.797.5086.