Advising & Support
- Career Services
- Transfer Services
- Tutoring and Learning Resources
- Online Education Support
- Testing Center
- Disability Access Services
- Student Support
The Writing Lab offers free one-on-one tutoring sessions for writers of any skill level, from any class or discipline. No matter which campus you attend (Littleton or Sturm Collaboration Campus), you can take advantage of in-person or online appointments.
Writing Lab consultants provide support and guidance for a variety of assignments: essays, lab reports, speeches, presentations, multi-genre works, resumes, cover letters, scholarship narratives, and more! Our tutors can help with proofreading, brainstorming, drafting, revising, formatting, and documentation.
Come see us for a 45-minute session. ACC students can book a real-time, online appointment through WCOnline.
Summer 2023 Writing Lab Schedule
- Limited services begin at Sturm Collaboration Campus and remotely on Thursday, June 1. Full services being on Monday, June 12. Tutoring will not be available on June 19, July 3, or July 4.
Monday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sturm Collaboration Campus at Castle Rock
Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Wednesday: 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Monday and Wednesday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
How can the Writing Lab Help? / Expectations
During tutorial sessions, you will be expected to:
- Be on time - we stick to a strict schedule, so please show up in a timely fashion. Consultants will mark the session as a No-Show after 15 minutes of waiting.
- Come prepared - please make sure to have a working draft (unless you are in need of brainstorming), as well as the assignment guidelines/writing prompt.
- In-person - please have the paperwork printed or bring your computer with files ready
- Be open to change and constructive criticism - we are here to help, so expect conversations that question and challenge the current writing, as well as feedback that offers suggestions.
- Plan on doing the work - we are not editors or teachers. We will not do the work for you. Plan on taking notes, making revisions, and critically thinking to solve problems.
Tutoring and Learning Resources
Library & Learning Commons - M2570
tutoring [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Make an Appointment
Students are limited to no more than 2 appointments per day and no more than 3 active appointments in a week.