Advising & Support
- Career Services
- Transfer Services
- Tutoring and Learning Resources
- Online Education Support
- Testing Center
- Disability Access Services
- Student Support
What is subject tutoring?
Subject tutoring is the umbrella term for tutoring help that falls outside the scope of science, math, art, design, and health pathway courses. We are proud to offer tutoring support for courses in a wide variety of disciplines, including business, accounting, economics, philosophy, psychology, history, and more! One of the many benefits of subject tutoring is that it is led by a team of peer tutors, who have previously succeeded in the ACC courses they tutor now. Remember that all tutoring services are free, so take advantage of them and begin to Move Mountains today!
Tutoring for select summer courses will begin virtually on Tuesday, May 30. Full services begin on Monday, June 12. Tutoring will not be available on June 19, July 3, or July 4.
- Monday and Tuesday: 12:00 - 5:00pm
- For: History, Philosophy, Psychology, or Writing / English coursework
- Wednesday: 12:0 - 5:00pm
- For: Accounting, Business, Communications, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, or MS Office coursework.
Sturm Collaboration Campus
Tuesday and Thursday: 12:00 - 5:00pm in the Student Lounge (1st floor)
For: Accounting, Business, Communications, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, or MS Office coursework.
- Monday: 2:00 - 5:00pm | Tuesday and Thursday: 2:00 - 4:00pm
- For: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Computer & Network Technology coursework.
- Additionally, you may email jmterracina [at] student [dot] cccs [dot] edu or tyler [dot] dice [at] arapahoe [dot] edu to set up an appointment at a time that works for your schedule.
- Virtual tutoring is available by request for additional subjects. Please email rmccluskey [at] student [dot] cccs [dot] edu to request an appointment for Accounting, Introductory Finance, Economics, or Business coursework.
Our ACC tutors are the best resource for help since they are familiar with course content, faculty, and specific knowledge about our campus.
In addition to the support offered by ACC tutors, TutorMe allows currently registered ACC students to meet with a qualified tutor outside of regular tutoring hours. You can find the TutorMe link in your class when you log into D2L, under the Resources tab. Students are limited to 5 hours of TutorMe services per week.
Tutoring and Learning Resources
Library & Learning Commons - M2570
tutoring [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Reduce Your Stress Levels
Need some help reducing your stress levels? Take a lesson from Peer Mentor J Smith. She's got her Top 5 tips to reduce stress and a few additional ideas that can help you remain calm during those busy and stressful times.