Advising & Support
- Online Education Support
- Testing Center
- Career Services
- Transfer Services
- Disability Access Services
- Student Support
ACC Testing Centers are offering limited testing by appointment only. Appointments must be made by contacting the desired campus testing center.
What Tests Does ACC Offer?
College Placement Testing
Take your first step toward college by taking a placement test to determine what courses are right for you. We offer placement testing in English and math, as well as specific subjects, such as biology, Spanish, and French. Schedule a Placement Testing appointment.
On-campus placement exams are limited to approved students who are unable to test remotely due to technology issues (such as not meeting testing requirements).
*Concurrent Enrollment students will not be tested on campus at this time. Please contact your high school counselor or ACC Concurrent Enrollment Specialist for options.
In addition to college placement testing, ACC offers a wide range of professional testing including:
- BYU Correspondence Testing (schedule an appointment)
- PEARSON VUE (not currently being offered)
- CLEP (not currently being offered)
- DSST/Dantes (not currently being offered)
- Program-specific testing (not currently being offered)
ACC Instructional Testing
We also offer space for instructional testing for those needing:
- Accommodations - limited to approved exams
- Make-up tests
When Can I Test?
If you want to take a placement test, all testing is done by appointment only on all campuses. Make an appointment today by calling the location where you want to take your test.
Testing Rules and Information
Please review all of the rules and regulations for ACC’s Testing Center before taking your exam.
COVID-19 Requirements / Guidelines
Students and guests must follow campus COVID-19 requirements while using the testing centers.
- Have a temperature of less than 100.4 °F
- Wear a mask
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet apart
- Follow posted technology cleaning guidelines
Technical Requirements for Remote Testing
Please double check that your computer will operate for the exam. There will not be time to fix any technical problems during your exam appointment. If you experience technical difficulties on the day of the exam, testing will be stopped, and you will need to reschedule.
- Appropriate Technology: A desktop or laptop computer with a minimum 2GB of RAM is required. The ACCUPLACER test(s) may not be taken on a phone, iPad, tablet, or Chromebook.
- Built-in or external web camera
- Built-in or external microphone
- Built-in or external speakers
- Internet Connection: An upload and download speed of 2Mbps
- Appropriate Internet Browser: Google Chrome (v39 or later), Firefox (v34 or later), or Microsoft Edge are the preferred browsers.
- Accuplacer Compatibility: Test your computer requirements
Paying for Exams
- All exams must be paid in advance of testing appointments. No payments will be taken at the testing centers.
- Testing Center staff will provide students with online payment instructions.
- The Testing Centers will not schedule exams without prior payment.
- Zoom testing sessions will be scheduled and conducted by Testing Staff. The cost is included in the $10 ACCUPLACER fee.
- ACCUPLACER Remote testing by Examity includes a third party proctor fee. Total cost is $35.
Please Note - ACCUPLACER exams will continue to be done remotely via Zoom or Examity
- Advisors will continue to follow the expanded multiple measures put in place for math.
- Third party remote testing by Examity and includes at third party proctor fee. Total cost to students is $35.
Please log on to myACC and pay for your exam prior to calling for an appointment. We will confirm payment has been made when you call to schedule.
Test Payment Options:
College Placement Test: $10.00 for registered ACC students for first-time test-takers, retests are $10 per section; $20 for non-ACC students
DSST (formerly Dantes): $30.00
HSRT Health Sciences Reasoning Test: $40.00
How to pay for exams:
- Log on to myACC
- Select the Student Finance Tab
- Under Payment Options and Refunds click on Pay with a Credit card
- Click on Shopping Cart on the tool bar located at the top of the student account online
- Click on the grey Continue Shopping
- Click on the Testing Center Charge grey View Detail for the exam you wish to purchase
- Click on the grey Add to Shopping Cart button
- Click on Checkout when you are finished shopping
- Click on the grey Continue Checkout button on the Select Method of Payment page
- Enter credit card information along with name and address. Verify email is correct.
- Click on Continue Checkout
- Review information to ensure it is accurate and click on Submit Payment
- At confirmation page, click on view printable receipt and print your receipt showing you have paid
- Photo IDs are mandatory in order to test.
- They must be current (not expired).
- Some exams require a secondary ID. Test candidates are responsible for knowing exam ID requirements.
- Acceptable Primary Photo IDs
- Driver's License, Military ID, State ID Card, Passport
- ACC Students may use their ACC Photo ID for instructional and college placement exams
- Concurrent Enrollment students may use their high school or library photo ID card for college placement exams
Many exams require a Secondary ID and the type of ID varies from test to test. The type of ID required is subject to change. You are responsible for knowing which IDs are required and bringing the correct IDs for your exam. The Testing Center Staff is required to follow all exam ID requirements and will not be able to make exceptions.
Some exams require the Secondary IDs to have both a signature and photo on the ID. Other exams may only ask for a signature on the Secondary ID. Testing Center Staff may ask for a Secondary Photo ID if the Primary photo ID doesn't look like the candidate or is of poor quality.
All Secondary IDs must be current/unexpired.
Examples of Secondary ID - Please note that your exam has specific ID requirements and this list is a sampling from a variety of exams.
- Current Passport
- Current Tribal Card
- Current US Driver's License or US Learners Permit that is in plastic with photo and signature
- Current Military ID
- Current Employee Card
- Credit Card with Signature
- Current State Issued ID Card
- Social Security Card with Signature
- In rare instances a Birth Certificate
- Current School ID
Test Taker Misconduct
- Giving or receiving assistance of any kind to or from another test taker during the exam session
- Using any testing aid not permitted by your instructor or exam sponsor
- Attempting to take the exam for another person
- Talking with each other during a test session
- Tampering with the operation of the computer or attempting to use if for any function other than taking the test
- Distracting other test takers in any way
- Hats, Coats, Gloves, Hoodies
- Drinks, water bottles, food
- Cell phones, iPads, iPods, Palm PDAs, other electronic devices
- Eyeglass cases, pencil cases, calculator cases
- Sunglasses, purses, backpacks, wallets, keys
- Headphones or earbuds
- Calculators for some exams
- Others as determined by exam type
Testing Center provides scratch paper, pens, and pencils
If you need to set up accommodations for testing, please contact Disability Access Services prior to testing at 303.797.5730 or visit them in room M2710 in the main building at our Littleton Campus.
Room M2210 (Main Building)
testingcenter [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Monday and Wednesday: 8am – 5pm
Closed 12 - 1pm for cleaning
Call to schedule an appointment (required) - 303.797.5993 opt. 6. ALL exams are stopped 15 minutes before end of day to allow for closing of operations.
Call 303.734.4822 to schedule an appointment (required)
Check in at the Welcome Desk
acctestingcenterallcampus [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Tuesday: 8am – 5pm
Check in at the Welcome Desk
Call 303.660.3160 to schedule and appointment (required)
acctestingcenterallcampus [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Thursday: 8am – 5pm
Closed from 12pm – 1pm for cleaning
Please plan ahead and always check for holiday and weather closures.
Testing Center Mission Statement
To provide a wide variety of relevant examinations in a professional, secure, and positive testing environment that promotes academic and professional success to our students, employees, and community.
We adhere to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines. We hold Test Center Certification from the National College Testing Association (NCTA).