Academics & Programs
- Academic Pathways
- Degrees & Certificates
- Course Schedules
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Experiences
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Faculty & Staff Directory
Congratulations, you are an ACC Graduate! ACC's Commencement Ceremony celebrates the hard work and dedication of our students. You have focused to earn a certificate, or degree, or both. The annual commencement ceremony in May, is for students who earned a certificate, or degree any time during the academic year.
You will be eligible to participate in the annual ceremony if you:
- Finished your program requirements during the Summer 2020 semester
- Will finish during the Fall 2020 semester
- Will enroll for Spring 2021 and will complete all program requirements by the end of the Spring semester
- Will enroll for Summer 2021 and will complete all program requirements by the end of the Summer semester
Before you celebrate, there are a few more steps you need to take to receive your diploma/certificate and take part in ACC’s Commencement Ceremony. What is the difference between Graduation and Commencement? Graduation is earning your degree or certificate. Commencement is the ceremony celebrating you earning your degree or certificate.
Step1: Apply to Graduate
To receive your diploma and/or certificate:
- Complete a graduation application for each degree or certificate. Did you earn a certificate while completing your degree? Apply to receive both!
- ACC will email you a degree audit
- ACC reviews degrees and certificates throughout the semester
- Application deadlines: (Did you miss a deadline? Apply now.)
- June 30 for graduation in the summer semester
- October 31 for graduation in the fall semester
- March 15 for graduation in the spring semester
Step 2: Confirm your mailing address
We will mail your diploma/certificate to the home address we have on file. The graduation application has a box for you to check if you have a new address. Not sure you checked the box? You can update and check the address we have on file in myACC, under Personal Information, on the Student tab.
Step 3: RSVP to the Commencement Ceremony
While we cannot tell you exactly what type of ceremony we will have, we are planning many options to prepare to meet the guidance and requirements that will be set by the CDC. RSVP and we will keep you updated with information and next steps.
Step 4: Join the Alumni Association
The ACC Alumni Association will keep you connected to ACC, your fellow graduates, and ACC Services. As a member we will help you with career services, campus discounts and networking events.
Step 5: Plan to celebrate!
You should be proud of your accomplishments. All of ACC — from your faculty to support staff to administrators — congratulate your effort and success with your academic goals! You can check back here and we will keep you updated on Commencement Celebration plans.
What you can look forward to:
- Commencement details
- Commencement announcements to share with your friends and family
- Ordering your cap and gown
- Downloadable ACC Party Supplies
- Joining the ACC Alumni Association
allison [dot] lemmertz [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Commencement Ceremony Planning Committee
Dean of Students Office
acc [dot] dos [at] arapahoe [dot] edu