Academics & Programs
- Academic Pathways
- Degrees & Certificates
- Course Schedules
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Experiences
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Faculty & Staff Directory
Congratulations, you are an ACC Graduate! ACC's Annual Commencement Ceremony celebrates the hard work and dedication of our students. It is time to celebrate the degree or certificate you have earned. ACC's 56th Annual Commencement Ceremony will take place Friday, May 12th at 2:00pm at Magness Arena within the Ritchie Center on the University of Denver Campus. There will be Free Parking in specific campus lots. Please note DU's Graduation Policy and list of prohibited items below. We will also provide a Live Stream of the Commencement Ceremony. Commencement is for students who earned a certificate, or degree at any time during the academic year.
You are eligible to participate in the annual ceremony if you:
- Finished your program requirements during the Summer or Fall 2022 semesters
- Are enrolled for Spring 2023 and will complete all program requirements by the end of the Spring semester
- Will enroll for Summer 2023 and will complete all program requirements by the end of the Summer semester
Steps to Graduate
Before you celebrate, there are a few steps you need to take to receive your diploma/certificate and take part in ACC’s Commencement Ceremony. What is the difference between Graduation and Commencement? Graduation is earning your degree or certificate. Commencement is the ceremony celebrating your earning your degree or certificate.
Step 1: Apply to Graduate
To receive your diploma and/or certificate:
Complete a graduation application for each degree or certificate. Did you earn a certificate while completing your degree? Apply to receive both!
- ACC will email you a degree audit
- ACC reviews degrees and certificates throughout the semester
- Application deadlines: (Did you miss a deadline? Apply now.)
- June 30 for graduation in the summer semester
- October 31 for graduation in the fall semester
- March 15 for graduation in the spring semester and to have your name in the Commencement program
*We cannot guarantee your name will be in the program if you apply after March 15.
Step 2: Confirm your mailing address
We will mail your diploma/certificate to the home address we have on file. The graduation application has a box for you to check if you have a new address. Not sure you checked the box? You can update and check the address we have on file in myACC, under Personal Information, on the Student tab.
*Degrees/certificates will be mailed 4-6 weeks after final grades are posted for the semester in which you complete your program requirements.
Step 3: Confirm you will participate in Commencement
Let us know if you be a part of the celebration, receive updates, opt out of updates, or ask a question. Complete the Commencement form. Watch your email and To Dos in Navigate for details and information on the Grad Fair, Commencement Day and for a link to create a Grad Slide that will celebrate YOU and run on Campus TVs and the Magness Arena Jumbo Tron for your families and friends to see at the Ceremony.
Step 4: Plan to Order Your Regalia Set
ACC will cover the cost of your cap, gown, and tassel (including shipping and tax).
Order your cap, gown and tassel through the Bookstore. Need help with ordering your cap & gown? View step-by-step instructions.
Bachelor's Degree - Black cap and gown
Associate's Degree and/or Certificate - Purple cap and gown
All graduates will have a purple / white tassel.
Please Note: The Bookstore is updated daily with student information. Give them 24 hours if you have just RSVP'd. Please reach out to the acc [dot] dos [at] arapahoe [dot] edu (Commencement Planning Committee) if you are experiencing any issues.
Information on cords, stoles, or other organization graduation items:
- Graduation Honors (cords) will be provided to students earning a bachelor's or associate degree during check-in for the ceremony. Graduation Honors for the ceremony are based on cumulative Fall GPA.
- Cum Laude (“with honor”): 3.50 to 3.749 Cumulative GPA
- Magna Cum Laude (“with great honor”): 3.75 to 3.99 Cumulative GPA
- Summa Cum Laude (“with highest honor”): 4.00 Cumulative GPA
- Cords, stoles, pins, or other organization and club items will be communicated to you by your advisor or mentor.
Step 5: Join the Alumni Network
The ACC Alumni Network will keep you connected to ACC, your fellow graduates, and ACC Services. As a member, we will help you with career services, campus discounts, and networking events.
Step 6: Plan to celebrate!
Graduating is a really big deal! You should be proud of your accomplishments. Tell people! Pick up FREE graduation announcements at the Grad Fair on March 1 in Littleton and March 2 in Castle Rock. If you cannot make it to the Grad Fairs, stop by the Dean of Students Office (M2720), the Welcome Desk at the Sturm Collaboration Campus at Castle Rock. Supply is limited; first come, first served.
Get your party started with our digital party pack filled with a digital and downloadable graduation announcement, decorations, digital photo props, cap decorating ideas, and more. All of ACC — from your faculty to support staff to administrators — congratulate you!
Doors will open at Magness Arena at 1:00pm. Family members and guests of graduates do not need tickets for the ceremony. Read the DU Visitor Guide.
The following items are prohibited within The Richie Center for all events in Magness Arena and Hamilton Gymnasium.
- The Ritchie Center has a NO BAG policy for graduation ceremonies. Guests who require a diaper bag or bag for medical equipment are permitted to bring a bag no larger than 12 in. x 6 in. x 12 in. All guests entering with medical or diaper bags are subject to visual screening upon entry. There is no bag check available. Guests will not be allowed to enter with an unapproved bag.
- Outside food and drink, including empty or full plastic bottles, glass bottles, and cans
- Hard-shelled coolers, containers, thermoses (to include hydroflasks and metal water bottles)
- Artificial noisemakers, air horns, whistles, etc.
- Glass bottles, containers, etc.
- Balloons, confetti, frisbees, balls, other projectiles
- Inflatable objects (beach balls, latex balloons, clappers, etc)
- Laser pointers or other disturbing items
- Oversized signs or banners (larger than 28x22) or signage with a stick or pole attached
- Firearms, weapons, fireworks, or other harmful items
- Illegal drugs or alcohol
- Hard-shell coolers, containers, thermoses
- Candles or open flames
- Derogatory/defamatory clothing or signage
- Animals (except licensed service animals)
- Other items deemed prohibited by Richie Center and Event Staff
ASL and Spanish translation services will be available. ASL interpreters will be located on the floor below Section 4. English to Spanish translation services will be available. Pick up a headset at Section 4.
At the conclusion of the ceremony, guest must proceed to the west side of The Ritchie Center to be reunited with graduates. Graduates will exit from the lower level of the arena at the soccer and lacrosse stadium.
GradImages will be taking photographs of graduates at Commencement as you receive your diploma cover* and as you exit. GradImages® is proud to be the official graduation photographer for Arapahoe Community College. Finding your photos will be easy. You will receive your free photo proofs via email or mail after the ceremony or visit GradImages.com to view and purchase custom photo products like prints, plaques, specialty gifts, and more. For assistance, please contact the GradImages Customer Service Department at (800) 261-2576.
DU will offer, for purchase, a copy of the commencement video. Forms and information will be available at Commencement. We will provide live a stream of the ceremony. Request a DVD of the ceremony.
Congratulations Pumas! We can't wait to celebrate with you!
allison [dot] lemmertz [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Commencement Ceremony Planning Committee
Tanya Brown, Chair
tanya [dot] brown [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Arapahoe Community College's 56th Annual Commencement
Location: Magness Arena
Friday, May 12, 2023
Re-live the big day! Watch the Stream of Commencement Here. Congratulations to our graduates!