Academics & Programs
- Academic Pathways
- Degrees & Certificates
- Course Schedules
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Experiences
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Faculty & Staff Directory
Beyond High School Programs
Explore the option of a tuition-free year (or 2) of college after high school through ASCENT, TREP, and PTECH!
What is the ASCENT Program?
A tuition-free year of college after high school here at ACC!
ASCENT, or Accelerating Students through Concurrent Enrollment, is a 5th-year high school program where eligible students who have successfully completed at least 9 college credits prior to high school graduation can receive another year of college here at ACC tuition free. While tuition is covered by the school district, students may be responsible for the cost of textbooks and fees.
Please refer to your school district for specific ASCENT application and qualification information. High School Partners / Contacts.
What is the TREP Program?
The Teacher Recruitment Education and Preparation (TREP) program was created by Colorado’s Legislature in 2022 and provides the opportunity for qualified students in a teaching career pathway to concurrently enroll in postsecondary courses for the two years after the 12th grade year.
Please refer to your school district for specific TREP application and qualification information. High School Partners / Contacts.
What is the PTECH Program?
Pathways in Technology Early College High Schools (P-TECH) is a public-private partnership to prepare thousands of Colorado students for high-skill jobs of the future.
- P-TECH is an innovative partnership between a school district, a community college(s), and one or more local high growth industry employer(s).
- Students begin in 9th grade and go through 14th grade (i.e. high school and two equivalent years of college) for a total of 6 years.
- As such, students graduate with both a high school diploma and an industry-recognized associate degree, in addition to gaining relevant workplace skills.
- The associate degree is in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) focused high-growth industry.
- Students receive intensive student support services, in addition to mentoring, job shadowing, internships, pre-apprenticeships, and other workplace educational experiences.
- P-TECH is open to all students, with a special focus on encouraging enrollment of students who are socio-economically and racially diverse, first generation college students, English language learners, and students with disabilities.
At ACC, we partner with STEM High School, Highlands Ranch to offer the PTECH program. Connect with STEM or our CE Staff to learn more!
acc [dot] ce [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm