Academics & Programs
- Academic Pathways
- Course Schedules
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Faculty & Staff Directory
First Year Experience
The First Year Experience Program (FYE @ ACC) is designed to help you get your education started on the right track. All new students (students attending college for the first time following high school) are required to participate in the First Year Experience program.
FYE @ ACC consists of:
- Summer Bridge Program
- New Student Orientation
- Academic Planning and Career Assessment
- AAA 101: The Student Experience
- Attendance at Student Engagement Events and Activities
Your Bridge from High School to College
ACC's Summer Bridge program is our way of connecting you to campus resources and starting your first year on the right foot. It's a week of activities, instruction, and information critical to your college success. Our Summer Bridge includes:
- New Student Orientation
- Introduces you to ACC and provides an overview of what to expect in college
- FREE college credit (AAA 101): this one-credit course is centered on creating your plan to stay successful throughout college, degree completion, and assists you with academic and career planning
- Math refresher: prepare for your math courses or the placement test with a math refresher
- Math placement testing
- Registering for fall courses
- Fun activities to get you connected with your classmates
Summer Bridge is free of charge, including lunch every day!
Each session will run from 9am - 4pm daily. Check back in the spring for Summer 2020 dates and registration links.
Steps to Get Started
- Apply to ACC
- Sign-up for the Summer Bridge by clicking on the date of the session you want to attend
- Mark your calendar to start Moving Mountains!
Student orientation is mandatory if you are brand new to the college experience (after high school). Orientation will speed your transition to college by providing the information and resources needed to begin classes at ACC.
Academic and Career Planning
Get a person, get a plan, get a purpose...achieve your dreams! ACC offers tons of great resources to help you find your path to Move Mountains.
AAA 101: College 101 - The Student Experience
This course is designed to introduce you to college culture and prepare you for the challenges you will face in higher education. Through a series of interactive seminars, you will discover learning in a multicultural environment and use college and other resources to achieve education and career goals. Completing AAA 101 will help you earn a higher GPA and keep you on course to graduation. Register today.
Student Engagement Events and Activities
We realize everything college-related can't be covered in the classroom. This series of activities and events is designed to help you get on track and stay on track, covering everything from budgeting and financial aid to academic planning. Attendance at one of these events is required for first year students. View the Student Engagement Events and Activities schedule.