Academics & Programs
- Academic Pathways
- Degrees & Certificates
- Course Schedules
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Experiences
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Faculty & Staff Directory
First Year Experience
The First Year Experience Program (FYE @ ACC) is designed to help you get your education started on the right track. All new students (students attending college for the first time following high school) are required to participate in the First Year Experience program.
FYE @ ACC consists of:
- Summer Bridge
- Student Orientation
- Academic Planning and Career Exploration
- Student Success Course (AAA 101)
- Engagement Activities
Your Bridge from High School to College
ACC's Summer Bridge program is our way of connecting you to campus resources and starting your first year on the right foot. It's filled with activities, instruction, and information critical to your college success. Our Summer Bridge includes:
- Student Orientation (learn more about this 2-part experience)
- Introduction to ACC and an overview of what to expect in college
- FREE college credit (AAA 101): this one-credit course is centered on creating your plan to stay successful throughout college, degree completion, and assists you with academic and career planning
- Registering for fall courses
- Fun activities to get you connected with your classmates
- Special sessions with staff from the Library, Career & Transfer Services, and Financial Aid
Reserve Your Spot!
To ensure the health and safety of students, staff, and instructors, the Summer Bridge experience in 2021 will look a little different than it has in the past. For 2021, ACC is pleased to offer limited Summer Bridge sessions to students participating in the following programs: TRIO Student Support Services, Englewood Scholars, Elevate, and Colorado’s Finest High School of Choice - Cosmetology*.
- TRIO Student Support Services: RSVP Coming Soon!
- Englewood Scholars: RSVP Coming Soon!
- Elevate Students: RSVP by emailing Jennifer [dot] Woegens [at] arapahoe [dot] edu (Jennifer Woegens), Elevate Director
Steps to Get Started
- Apply to ACC
- Sign-up for the Summer Bridge
- Mark your calendar to start Moving Mountains!
Student orientation is mandatory if you are brand new to the college experience (after high school). Orientation will speed your transition to college by providing the information and resources needed to begin classes at ACC.
Academic and Career Planning
Get a person, get a plan, get a purpose...achieve your dreams! ACC offers tons of great resources to help you find your path to Move Mountains.
AAA 101: College 101 - The Student Experience
This course is designed to introduce you to college culture and prepare you for the challenges you will face in higher education. Through a series of interactive seminars, you will discover learning in a multicultural environment and use college and other resources to achieve education and career goals. Completing AAA 101 will help you earn a higher GPA and keep you on course to graduation. Register today.
Student Engagement Events and Activities
We realize everything college-related can't be covered in the classroom. Our series of activities and events is designed to help you get on track and stay on track, covering everything from budgeting and financial aid to academic planning. Attendance at one of these events is required for first-year students.