Colorado Health Careers Collaborative
What is the Colorado Health Careers Collaborative?
The Colorado Health Careers Collaborative was created to provide seamless pathways from school to employment for ages 16-24 in healthcare fields for Coloradans. It was co-created by Arapahoe Community College (ACC) and the Community College of Denver (CCD) in partnership with several school districts, community-based organizations, and healthcare partners.
Colorado Health Careers Academy
The Colorado Health Careers Collaborative will be hosting the Colorado Health Careers Academy in the Summer of 2024. Learn a little more about the Academy:
- Free to eligible participants
- Must be between the ages of 16-24
- Interested in healthcare
- Willing to work with a navigator from ACC or CCD
- This curriculum will include post-secondary certification pathways, career navigation, and innovative virtual job shadow experiences & support talent pipelines to Colorado’s largest health systems
- The Academy curriculum will be focused on some of the fastest-growing health occupations, including:
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Lab Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Radiology Technician
- Respiratory Therapist
- Sonography Technician
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Surgical Technician
- Students will gain knowledge on health career opportunities, will become self-aware of their aptitudes and interests, and will obtain direct experience in the industry through virtual and in-person formats
- Students who complete the academy will gain support from navigators to be hired into entry-level positions with our healthcare partners and navigating higher education.
- Participation is free of charge. Students who complete the Academy will receive a $500 scholarship deposited into their own CollegeInvest account.
- A/D Works!
- Arrupe Jesuit High School
- Aurora Public Schools
- Boys & Girls Club Metro Denver
- Cherry Creek School District
- Colorado Early Colleges Aurora
- Colorado Early Colleges Douglas County
- Denver Public Schools
- Douglas County School District
- DPS Family and Community Engagement
- Emily Griffith Technical College
- Englewood School District
- Elbert School District
- Elizabeth School District
- Jefferson County Public Schools
- Kiowa School District
- Littleton School District
- Sheridan School District No. 2
- STEM School Highlands Ranch
- Zero Dropouts
And some of the largest health employers in Colorado
- CommonSpirit Health Mountain Region
- Denver Health
- Intermountain Health
- Kaiser Permanente
This program follows all Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and a portion of this workforce program was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
Apply for the Summer 2024 Academy
The Summer 2024 application opens January 1.
June 10 - July 26, 2024
*No class July 1-5
ACC or CCD, depending on what school district / community-based organization your student is a part of.
How Does the Academy Work
The academy is in a self-paced virtual format Monday - Thursday and in-person on Fridays for 5-6 hours.
Monthly Info Sessions
Every 2nd Tuesday at 5pm via Zoom.
- March 12
- April 9
- May 14