Colorado Health Careers Collaborative
What is the Colorado Health Careers Collaborative?
The Colorado Health Careers Collaborative was created to provide seamless pathways from school to employment for ages 16-24 in healthcare fields for Coloradans. It was co-created by Arapahoe Community College (ACC) and the Community College of Denver (CCD) in partnership with several school districts, community-based organizations, and healthcare partners.
Colorado Health Careers Academy
The Colorado Health Careers Collaborative will be hosting the Colorado Health Careers Academy again next summer (2023). Learn a little more about the Academy:
- Free to eligible participants
- Must be 16 or older
- Interested in healthcare
- Willing to work with a navigator from ACC or CCD
- This curriculum will include post-secondary certification pathways, career navigation, and innovative virtual job shadow experiences & support talent pipelines to Colorado’s largest health systems
- The Academy curriculum will be focused on some of the fastest-growing health occupations, including:
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Lab Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Radiologic Technician
- Sonography Technician
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Surgical Technical
- Students will gain knowledge on health career opportunities, will become self-aware of their aptitudes and interests, and will obtain direct experience in the industry through virtual and in-person formats
- Students who complete the academy will gain support from navigators to be hired into entry-level positions with our healthcare partners and navigating higher education.
- Eligible students can participate free of charge – students who complete the academies will receive $500 deposited into their College Invest account.
- A/D Works!
- Arrupe Jesuit High School
- Aurora Public Schools
- Boys & Girls Club Metro Denver
- Cherry Creek School District
- Colorado Early Colleges Aurora
- Colorado Early Colleges Douglas County
- Denver Public Schools
- Douglas County School District
- DPS Family and Community Engagement
- Emily Griffith Technical College
- Englewood School District
- Elbert School District
- Elizabeth School District
- Jefferson County Public Schools
- Kiowa School District
- Littleton School District
- Sheridan School District No. 2
- STEM School Highlands Ranch
- Zero Dropouts
And some of the largest health employers in Colorado
- Centura Health
- Kaiser Permanente
This program follows all Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and a portion of this workforce program was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
June 12 - July 28, 2023 (no classes the week of July 3rd)
ACC or CCD, depending on what school district / community-based organization your student is a part of.
How Does the Academy Work
The academy is in a self-paced virtual format Monday - Thursday and in-person on Fridays for 5-6 hours.
How to Apply
Check with your school / participating organization to apply and for deadlines.
Monthly Info Sessions
Monthly virtual info sessions are available to those who would like to learn more. Please register: