Colorado Health Careers Collaborative
What is the Colorado Health Careers Collaborative?
The Colorado Health Careers Collaborative was created to provide seamless pathways from school to employment for ages 16-24 in healthcare fields for Coloradans. It was co-created by Arapahoe Community College (ACC) and the Community College of Denver (CCD) in partnership with
- Emily Griffith Technical College
- Littleton School District
- Denver Public Schools
- Cherry Creek School District
- Colorado Early Colleges
- Englewood School District
- Elbert School District
- Elizabeth School District
- Kiowa School District
- STEM School Highlands Ranch
- Ability Connection Colorado
- DPS Family and Community Engagement
- A/D Works!
- Boys & Girls Club Metro Denver
And 3 of the largest health employers in Colorado
- Centura Health
Colorado Health Careers Academy
The Colorado Health Careers Collaborative will be hosting their first Academy this summer (2022). Learn a little more about the Academy:
- Free to eligible participants
- Must be 16 or older
- Interested in healthcare
- Willing to work with a navigator from ACC or CCD
- This curriculum will include post-secondary certification pathways, career navigation, and innovative virtual job shadow experiences & support talent pipelines to Colorado’s largest health systems
- The Academy curriculum will be focused around 6 of the fastest growing health occupations:
- Nursing (LPN/RN)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Lab Sciences (CNA/Phlebotomy)
- Radiologic Technology
- Students will gain knowledge on health career opportunities, will become self-aware of their aptitudes and interests, and will obtain direct experience in the industry through virtual and in-person formats
- Students who complete the academy will gain support from navigators to be hired into entry level positions with our health care partners and navigating higher education.
- Eligible students can participate free of charge – students who complete the academies will receive $500 deposited into their College Invest account.
June 13 - July 29, 2022 (no classes the week of July 4th)
ACC or CCD, depending on what school district / community-based organization your student is a part of.
How Does the Academy Work
The academy is in a self-paced virtual format Monday - Thursday and in-person on Fridays for 5-6 hours.
Join our interest list to stay connected and learn more.
How to Apply
Check with your school / participating organization to apply and for deadlines.
*Applications for summer 2022 are now closed.