Advising & Support
- Online Education Support
- Testing Center
- Career Services
- Transfer Services
- Student Access Services
- Student Support
Testing Tips and Resources
College Placement Test Tips
- Relax! Your score helps you and your advisor determine which courses are right for your current level of knowledge and skills.
- Arrive early. Give yourself enough time to find the testing area and gather your thoughts before the test begins.
- Pay attention. Read and follow directions and be sure you understand them before you begin each test.
- Be aware. Portions of this assessment are adaptive, meaning questions are chosen for you on the basis of your previous answers.
- Eliminate choices. When you aren’t sure of an answer, eliminate answers you know are incorrect and choose from those remaining.
- Study first. Prepare before you take the placement test as it will improve your score, but also help you relax during the exam.
Resources for College Placement Test Preparation
Math Refresher Courses
Brush up on your math skills before taking the math placement test with our free math refresher course. Get personalized help to help refresh your math skills and maximize your score on the math placement test, saving you time and money. Plus, you'll get a voucher to take the placement test when you've completed the course.
Visit the Math Support Center for help with test prep. RSVP for a Math Refresher Course.
|March 28||Saturday||8:30am - 12:00pm||Littleton Campus||M3690|
|April 8||Wednesday||5:30 - 9:00pm||Sturm Collaboration Campus||TBD|
|April 20||Monday||5:30 - 9:00pm||Littleton Campus||M3690|
|May 2||Saturday||8:30am - 12:00pm||Littleton Campus||M3690|
|May 15||Friday||1:00 - 4:30pm||Parker Campus||TBD|
|May 18||Monday||5:30 - 9:00pm||Littleton Campus||M3690|
|June 17||Wednesday||5:30 - 9:00pm||Sturm Collaboration Campus||TBD|
|June 27||Saturday||8:30am - 12:00pm||Littleton Campus||M3690|
|July 15||Wednesday||5:30 - 9:00pm||Littleton Campus||M3690|
|July 25||Saturday||8:30am - 12:00pm||Parker Campus||TBD|
|August 1||Saturday||8:30am - 12:00pm||Littleton Campus||M3690|
Please note that all students who take this test have only 1 chance to pass it. If a score of 75% or better is not earned on the first try, the student will be required to take BIO111 before they will be allowed to register for higher level courses for which BIO111 is a pre-requisite. Find out more about the biology placement test and if it is right for you.
- Download a PDF of the topics covered in the biology placement exam
- Take a practice quiz to see if you're ready for the placement exam
- Study Resources