Build a solid foundation for your career goals with an Associate of Science Transfer degree in Mathematics.
Whether math is your passion or a stepping stone on your career path, ACC can help you Move Mountains toward your educational and career goals. We have dedicated faculty who are committed to a quality, student-centered, math education incorporating current trends and the latest technology. Get your Associate of Science Transfer degree in Mathematics full-time or part-time with convenient courses also offered nights and online and get your foundation to transfer to a 4-year college or university.
What You'll Learn
After you’ve earned your Mathematics AS degree, you’ll be able to:
- Communicate mathematics with understanding using symbolic, graphical, numerical, and written representations of mathematical ideas
- Use critical thinking and mathematical reasoning to solve a variety of problems, including real-world situations
- Use technology to enhance mathematical understanding, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
CIP 240199 (MATH)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at public four-year colleges and universities as designated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) transfer agreement.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
- GT - One GT Pathways -approved CO3 course (GTCO3)
- GT - Three GT Pathways Arts & Humanities courses (GTAH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, or GT-AH4)
- GT - One GT Pathways History course (GT-HI1)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Social & Behavioral Science courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, GT-SS3)
Please Note: If these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the Bachelor's degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to
determine in which way these courses will be applied.
Note1 CSU-Ft Collins requires a different computer science course than the community college course. Students should seek advising at CSU-Ft Collins for information on the appropriate computer science course to take.
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
- Any Guaranteed Transfer Course
Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics (275) and Independent Study (285): AST (100 or higher), BIO (100 or higher), CHE (100 or higher), EGG (100 or higher), MAT (121 or higher, except 155 or 156), PHY (111 or higher), or any foreign language (111 or above).
Any additional courses taken in the discipline covered by this agreement might not count toward the requirements of the major at the receiving institution. Students are strongly encouraged to seek academic advising prior to registration regarding the acceptability of online science courses if they anticipate transferring to a 4-year institution or completing graduate work in the sciences or health professions. It should be noted that per Colorado Revised Statute, §23-1-125(1)(e), general education courses taken online are guaranteed to satisfy core course (gtPathways) requirements at all Colorado public institutions of higher education.
All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another Colorado institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation).
- Calculators can be rented from Littleton (M2564), Parker, or Sturm campuses. Pay for your calculator rental online by completing the online rental form* (in myACC on the Student Finance page and choose Pay with Credit Card: Optional Purchases). Bring a copy of your receipt to any of the three locations to pick up your calculator.
Campus Location on Campus / Phone Number Hours Littleton Math Support Center in the Library & Learning Commons, M2564
Beginning Aug 24
Monday: 11:30am-1:30pm & 4:30-6:00pm
Tuesday: 12:30-2:30pm & 4:30-6:00pm
Parker Front Desk
Beginning August 10
Call for possible evening hours
Sturm (Castle Rock) Front Desk
Beginning August 24
- Rent a calculator for $25 any at point in the semester
- Return at end of semester or a $100 replacement fee will be charged - if the Math Support Center is closed you can return your calculator to the library drop box outside of the main building in Littleton at any time.
Math Refresher courses are a great opportunity to brush up on your math skills and prepare for your next math class. Math refreshers are being offered virtually, via Zoom, on the following dates.
|Saturday, October 24||9:00-11:00am||STEM||Friday, October 23 at noon|
|Saturday, October 24||9:30-11:30am||non-STEM||Friday, October 23 at noon|
|Saturday, November 14||9:00-11:00am||STEM||Friday, November 13 at noon|
|Saturday, November 14||9:30-11:30am||non-STEM||Friday, November 13 at noon|
|Wednesday, December 2||5:30-7:30pm||STEM||Tuesday, December 1 at noon|
|Wednesday, December 2||6:00-8:00pm||non-STEM||Tuesday, December 1 at noon|
|Saturday, December 12||9:00-11:00am||STEM||Friday, December 11 at noon|
|Saturday, December 12||9:30-11:30am||non-STEM||Friday, December 11 at noon|
|Wednesday, January 6||5:30-7:30pm||STEM||Tuesday, January 5 at noon|
|Wednesday, January 6||6:00-8:00pm||non-STEM||Tuesday, January 5 at noon|
|Saturday, January 16||9:00-11:00am||STEM||Friday, January 15 at noon|
|Saturday, January 16||9:30-11:30am||non-STEM||Friday, January 15 at noon|
Please use the following link to sign up for a math refresher course.
Getting your foundation in mathematics can lead you on a path to a wide variety of careers. Here are a few fields where your mathematics degree will help you be successful:
Math Support Center
Whether you need help with an assignment or a mathematical concept, our Math Support Center is free and open every semester to help you succeed. Get tutoring from our expert faculty and student tutors who have excelled in their classes. Can't make it to the Littleton Campus? We also have tutoring in Parker, Castle Rock, and online through TutorMe.