- Admissions Checklist
- Ask ACC
- Admissions Requirements
- Register for Classes
- Paying for College
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Student Orientation
- Records and Enrollment Services
How To Apply
Thanks for your interest in Arapahoe Community College. Before you begin the application process, have you decided which degree you want to earn at ACC? Please note that most (but not all) degrees offered at ACC are eligible for F1 Visa students. If you need help deciding which degree to select, please contact sara [dot] squires [at] arapahoe [dot] edu. *F1 Visa students are not eligible to pursue certificate programs.
Once you pick your degree, you need to complete the two-step application process. To ensure that you have all documentation available and ready to complete the application process, download the international student application checklist.
- Complete general ACC online admissions application
- Get an email from ACC Records and Enrollment providing your student ID number (S#) - 2-3 business days
- Complete International Student online admissions application
- $75 Application fee paid (online with international application, over the phone or in person at ACC Cashier with application fee payment form)
- English Proficiency (must meet 1 of the following):
- TOEFL: 57 or higher (internet based) = Automatic placement into ENG 121
- IELTS: 5.5 or higher
- Official Michigan Test: minimum score of 75 (composition included). Only valid if taken at Spring International.
- Spring International: completion of level 6
- Colorado School of English: completion of level 7
- ELS: completion of level 109
- ELC at DU: completion of level 5
- Graduation from US High School or University
- Signed affidavit of financial support
- Proof of financial resources in the form of bank statement(s) dated less than 6 months old showing available account balance (in single account or multiple accounts) in the total amount of: $34,410 for the student; additional $5,000 for each dependent (if applicable)
- Proof of high school or secondary graduation and post high school transcripts (if applicable)
- Copy of passport picture page
- Copy of F1- Visa (if Applicable)
- *Proof of health insurance must be provided before beginning classes (required for all ACC international students)
- *If you currently hold an active I-20 and plan to transfer to ACC, you must also include a signed and completed International Admissions Transfer Form
New F-1 Students Seeking
Transfer and Visiting Students in the U.S.
*Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Current F-1 students who are transferring from another SEVP-certified school must, in addition to the above:
- Provide official transcripts from prior colleges attended in the U.S.
- Submit a completed International Admissions Transfer Form.
- Notify the current school of transfer status.
Current F-1 students attending other colleges or universities may co-enroll for credit at Arapahoe Community College by providing the following documentation:
- International Admissions Application for Visiting Students
- Letter of permission from the Foreign Student Advisor at your host institution, specifying which class(es) you may take.\
English Language Students
Students who do not currently meet the English Language Proficiency requirement may complete an approved English language program, like the one offered at Spring International Language Center or Colorado School of English, and then transfer to ACC.