Secure Software Development
The Secure Software Development AAS degree at ACC gets you on the track to securely code Secure Software programs and identify cyber issues in legacy code.
Our degree combines skills in computer programming, security and database development fundamentals. Learn an array of skills such as what makes software secure and how to mitigate existing vulnerabilities. Your top priority is to protect information assets. Software development is typically the top occupation in the IT sector and you’ll be trained to keep that software safe! So many options for you to secure information we all hold valuable.
Earn your Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Secure Software Development at ACC and your BS in Computer Information Systems with an emphasis in Secure Software Development from CSU Pueblo at the Sturm Collaboration Campus at Castle Rock.
The Secure Software Development degree combines skills in computer programming, software assurance, and database development fundamentals. A degree in Secure Software can provide jobs under the title of Computer Systems Analysts, Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers, Computer Programmers, Software Developer, and Information Security Analysts.
Choose three (3) credits from the following areas:
- Social and Behavioral Science: GT SS1-SS3 OR
- Arts & Humanities: GT AH1-AH4 OR
- History GT HI1
Choose eight (8) credits from the following area:
- Natural and Physical Sciences: GT-SC1 or GT-SC2
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.
Secure Software Development is a growing field with high demand and a steady future. A degree in Secure Software Development can provide you with a variety of job opportunities, such as: