Start at ACC, Go Anywhere!
Are you considering getting your bachelor's degree after you leave ACC? Are you curious about what it takes to transfer to a 4-year university? Whether you are already on the path to your bachelor's or just dipping your toe into the transfer pool, we can help you achieve your goals and get you to your next mountain.
Why Continue on to Earn a Bachelor's Degree?
Transferring with your associate degree from ACC can provide you with the foundation you need to be successful. Getting your bachelor's degree can help you in many ways, including:
- Building on the skills and knowledge you gained while earning your associate degree
- Enabling you to earn more money
- Helping you move up in a company or start at a higher position
- Allowing you to continue making connections in your industry
Ready to learn more? ACC’s Career and Transfer Center is here to help you make sense of the transfer process and prepare you for a successful transfer to the 4-year college or university of your choice.
It’s not too early to start preparing for a transfer. Starting early allows you to fully understand your transfer options and to ensure the smoothest transfer possible.
- Utilize career services to explore majors and possible career tracks: ACC Career Center
- Meet with an academic advisor to determine your academic plan
- Learn how to set your course plan through graduation. Visit myACC – Navigate!
- Be sure you understand how your ACC academic plan will fit into your Bachelor’s academic plan.
- Keep your GPA up – in Colorado you must have a ‘C’ or better in class in order to earn transfer credit
Do Your Research
Colorado has a lot of great options for transfer. There are also online options and the option to attend school out of state. Start researching these options now! As you explore the websites of the four-year schools you are interested in keep the following in mind:
- Admissions requirements such as grade point average (GPA), letters of recommendation etc. (If you plan to attend school in Colorado, check Colorado's Transfer Admission Standards)
- Do the schools you are exploring have degree programs you are interested in? Check out these Institutional Transfer Guides
- Cost of Attendance and financial aid
Take the time to call the 4-year school's financial aid office to understand important dates and deadlines and what types of financial aid will be available to you.
Completing the Transfer
Once you have decided where you plan to transfer to and you have created a plan for transferring, there are some things you need to do in order to successfully make the transition.
- Submit your application for admission
- Check to see if there are any types of application fees or fee waivers
- Request copies of your transcripts to be sent to your selected institution
- Request a copy of your ACC Transcripts
- Meet with a transfer admission specialist at the school you plan to attend in order to understand how your credits will transfer
- Attend any orientations that are offered at your chosen institution
Now that you have begun the process of preparing to transfer, consider completing your associate degree before making the transfer. First graduating with your associate degree will not only allow you to obtain 60 units at a reduced rate, but it will also give you an edge in your career with the earned associate degree.
Transfer seamlessly from ACC to a bachelor’s degree as a junior!
When you earn your associate’s degree in a designated field of study, and complete the requirements for admission, you can transfer to a public Colorado college or university as a junior in that field. Talk with an Academic Advisor or Transfer Advisor to learn how!
Is your degree one of Colorado’s Designated Degree Programs?
- Check out the Colorado Department of Higher Education’s website to learn about their “Guided Degree Pathways”
- Learn more about specific ACC degrees and programs
Make sure that you are taking transferrable coursework! Colorado has developed a statewide guaranteed transfer program called "gtPATHWAYS."View a list of courses that are guaranteed to transfer to any Colorado public college or university.
Interested in a transferring to a specific institution?
- Check out Colorado’s Department of Higher Education Institutional Transfer Guides
- Connect with a 4-year representative. View our Transfer Visitation Schedule
Discover your Transfer Options
Transferring doesn't have to be difficult. At ACC, we work to make your transfer as seamless as possible. We have many agreements with the 4-year institutions in Colorado and some beyond to make your transition smooth. Check out our Transfer Agreements.
Want to talk to the school(s) you are considering to make sure you're on the right path? View our Transfer College Contacts page.
You’ve done the work. You deserve the credit!
Degree Within Reach helps transfer students maximize their earning potential and career opportunities by earning the degrees they deserve. This program allows students to combine credits earned at a State of Colorado 4-year institution with those earned while enrolled at a Colorado community college.
You will be contacted by your 4-year institution via email if you are eligible to earn an Associate of Science, Associate of Arts or Associate of General Studies through Degree Within Reach and will award the highest degree if all degree requirements have been met.
To be eligible, you must have earned at least 15 credit hours at a Colorado community college and have accumulated a minimum of 70 total college credit hours, including coursework at the 4-year institution.
If you qualify for one of the above mentioned degrees, it will be awarded to you. Thank you for your interest in Degree Within Reach. Learn more by visiting the Degree Within Reach website.
This is your opportunity to connect with fellow ACC students interested in transferring to a 4-year school, just like you! As a member of the Transfer Club, you'll receive peer support, up-to-date information, and educational opportunities to transfer successfully! You'll also have an opportunity to participate in the following:
- Tour 4-year campuses
- Attend the transfer fair
- Learn more about scholarships, applications & the transfer process
- Support each other in our educational goals
Want to join? Contact the Career and Transfer Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.797.5805 or visit the Career & Transfer Center in M2005.
Learn more about ACC's clubs by visiting Student Affairs - Clubs & Organizations.
The Admission Promise is a program for students from the Colorado Community College System to easily and seamlessly transfer to several Colorado universities to earn a bachelor’s degree. Students who meet the requirements of the program as stated by each University are automatically admitted. Through this program, students will receive academic advising support while attending community college and after they transfer to the four year university. Participating universities include:
- Colorado Mesa University - Admission Promise
- Colorado Technical University - Admission Promise
- Fort Lewis College - Admission Promise
- Johnson & Wales University - Admission Promise
- Metropolitan State University - Admission Promise
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs - Admission Promise
- University of Colorado Denver - Admission Promise - Press Release
To learn more, visit the Colorado Community College System Admissions Promise Program page.
Let ACC’s Transfer Center help you Move Mountains as you work towards your bachelor’s degree! Meet with an ACC academic advisor or transfer advisor to help you make your plan. It’s not too early to start!