What is Academic Advising?
Your Academic Advisor will help you:
- Create an academic plan and choose the correct courses.
- Find the degree or certificate program that matches your goals.
- Understand the registration process.
- Discover the right transfer options and institutions to meet your needs.
- Access resources on campus that will help you succeed in the classroom.
You are responsible for making the decisions that help you achieve your career and academic goals in the end. Your Academic Advisor is here to support you along the way!
Here's what we promise you...
We will help you make the best choices for your education. We will work with you to:
- Identify your strengths and challenges to maximize your goals.
- Connect your academic and career goals.
- Provide accurate and timely information.
When should I meet with my Academic Advisor?
If you haven’t already met with your Advisor, come see us now! It is important to your success to meet with your Advisor before you register for classes, especially if this is your first semester at ACC.
Academic Advising Resources for Students
How to use DegreeCheck
- DegreeCheck Worksheets
- How To Use The "What if" and "Look Ahead" Functions
- DegreeCheck Academic Plan
- How To Use the GPA Calculator