What is Academic Advising?
Your Academic Advisor will help you:
- Create an academic plan and choose the correct courses.
- Find the degree or certificate program that matches your goals.
- Understand the registration process.
- Discover the right transfer options and institutions to meet your needs.
- Access resources on campus that will help you succeed in the classroom.
You are responsible for making the decisions that help you achieve your career and academic goals in the end. Your Academic Advisor is here to support you along the way!
Here's what we promise you...
We will help you make the best choices for your education. We will work with you to:
- Identify your strengths and challenges to maximize your goals.
- Connect your academic and career goals.
- Provide accurate and timely information.
When should I meet with my Academic Advisor?
If you haven’t already met with your Advisor, come see us now! It is important to your success to meet with your Advisor before you register for classes, especially if this is your first semester at ACC.
How can you get the most from your time with an Academic Advisor?
- Prepare - Come up with questions, think about your academic and career goals, and gather academic records before your meeting.
- Participate - Be ready to answer and ask a lot of questions.
- Problem Solve - Discuss challenges to your educational success and how to fix them.
- Plan - Discuss the courses you need to take over the next few semesters in order to reach your educational and career goals.
Academic Advising Resources for Students
How to use DegreeCheck
- How To Access DegreeCheck And Use
The Worksheet Function
- How To Use The "What if" and "Look Ahead"
- How To Use The "Plans" Tab
- How To Use the GPA Calculator
Course Selection Resources
Developmental Education Resources
CCR Registration Instructions
- CCR 092
- CCR 093
- CCR 094
MAT Registration Instructions
- MAT 055 & MAT 025
- MAT 093 & MAT 121