When should I meet with my Academic Advisor?
If you haven’t already met with your Advisor, come see us now! It is essential to your success to meet with your Advisor before you register for classes, especially if this is your first semester at ACC.
What is Academic Advising?
Your Academic Advisor will help you:
- Develop an academic plan and select the correct courses.
- Identify and understand the degree or certificate program that matches your goals.
- Understand course registration
- Select colleges to which you can transfer
- Access resources on campus that will help you succeed in the classroom.
You are ultimately responsible for making the decisions that help you achieve your career and academic goals. Your Academic Advisor is here to support you along the way!
Here's what we promise you...
We will work to empower you to become a responsible consumer of your own education. We will work to build a collaborative, responsive, and caring relationship in order to:
- Identify your strengths and challenges to maximize your goals.
- Connect your academic and career goals.
- Provide accurate and timely information.
How can you get the most from your time with an Academic Advisor?
- Prepare - Formulate questions, think about your academic and career goals, and gather academic records before your meeting.
- Participate - Be ready to answer and ask a lot of questions.
- Problem Solve - Discuss challenges to your educational success and how to resolve them.
- Plan - Discuss the courses you need to take over the next few semesters in order to reach your educational and career goals.
Academic Advising Resources for Students
How to use DegreeCheck
Developmental Education Resources
CCR Registration Instructions
MAT Registration Instructions