Our college placement test covers English and math topics. If you are not submitting your current ACT/SAT scores, the Colorado Community College System requires you take a college placement test to determine your readiness for college-level courses. This test will also help you determine which math and English classes you should take. This assessment is a great first step into college and can help you begin your successful educational journey.
Placement Test Facts
- Our college placement test consists of two sections:
- English: this section is comprised of multiple choice questions. View the study resources available for the English test.
- Math: this test is comprised of multiple choice questions. Calculators are embedded in the test for certain questions. (Handheld calculators are not allowed.) View the study resources available for the Math test.
- The test is not timed, but takes approximately one and a half hours to complete.
- Cost is $10 for any first time testing session for ACC students. $10 per section for retests.
- Placement testing is done on a on a walk-in basis during the week on the Littleton campus. Appointments are required on the Parker and Castle Rock campuses. ACC accepts Accuplacer scores from other colleges for Next Generation Writing, QAS, and AAF. Please have the college you took them at send a copy of the score report to email@example.com or fax to 303.797.5086.
- Test scores are valid for 5 years
- The Writing, QAS and AAF exams may be taken 3 times in a 1-year period.
- The placement test for MAT201 (only) can only be taken two times in a one-year period. Study focus for this exam should be on pre-calculus and the AAF Accuplacer study guides. Only 1 test session can be taken in a 24-hour period
Do I Need to Take the College Placement Test?
You may not need to take the college placement test if you have submitted ACT/SAT, CLEP or DSST scores, you have prior college level or approved IB or AP course work, qualifying high school course work, or approved UEXCEL exams. Visit the Do I Need to Test page for more details or talk to a Testing Center Specialist.
Be Prepared to Succeed On Your College Placement Test
Whether you are taking the college placement test of the first time or retaking it to improve your scores, we have tips and resources that can help you do your best, such as: