Would you like to schedule a D2L training session with eLearning? Call us at 303.797.5080 to schedule a one-on-one training session. You can also email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to attend our upcoming workshops or webinars, visit our Training Opportunities page.
We have developed this page to provide ACC faculty with online resources on the D2L platform. We are now in version 10.5 of D2L and are in the process of updating our documentation. Please bear with us.
We have developed a Faculty Quick Start Guide that will help you set up your D2L shell (course) with the minimum requirements. More details on each requirement is listed below:
- Updating Contact Information (PDF) Learn how to update your contact information in the Welcome widget of the course homepage. (Watch Video)
- Adding a Welcome Announcement (PDF) In this document, you will learn how to create a welcome announcement for students in the News section of the course homepage. (Watch Video)
One of the minimum requirements for your D2L shell is to set up the gradebook and post grades for students to view. Learn everything from setting up your gradebook (points or weighted system) to releasing final grades for students. Below is a list of documents, each accompanied by a video demonstration:
Accessible Templates and Forms
Thanks to the hard work of the eLearning team and the online advisory committee, we now have accessible syllabi templates. We also have a 4 page review form that was designed by the online advisory committee and is used to review online courses.
The eLearning team has prepared documents that will help you understand and set up the most commonly used tools in your course. Below is a list of these tools:
Tips and Tricks
Below is a list of tips and tricks that you might also find helpful. Each Portable Document Format (PDF) is accompanied by a short tutorial video demonstration.
- Creating Random Sections in Quizzes (PDF) (Watch Video)
- Add Users to Special Access (PDF) in Quizzes
- Using the Equation Editor (PDF) in online discussions
More resources on D2L can be found on the CCCS help desk site.
Use a Course Checklist (PDF) to make sure that your course is ready to go.