Arapahoe Community College is currently accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. ACC has been accredited since 1970.
Why Is Accreditation Important?
College accreditation is a guarantee that a college or program meets certain principles and provides quality education.
- It gives the assurance that, you will be able to attain definite educational outcomes.
- It pledges that you'll get qualified instructors and high quality up-to-date curriculum.
- Without accreditation by a nationally recognized accredited organization, a school and its students are not eligible to participate in government student assistance programs like federal grants and loans.
- Most employers who offer tuition assistance will not reimburse your tuition if you attend a school that is not accredited.
- Most employers will look at a degree from an institution with accreditation as a credential demonstrating motivation and quality education.
- If you intend to transfer credits to another college, you are required to attend an accredited school.
ACC Program Accreditations
Addresses and phone numbers for these accrediting agencies are listed within the description of each specific degree or certificate.
The following programs hold accreditation and / or approval as listed:
- Automotive Service Technology, National Automotive Technician Education Foundation Inc. (NATEF)
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Colorado State Board of Nursing
- Early Childhood Education, National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Emergency Medical Technician, Colorado State Department of Health, Emergency Medical Services Division
- Health Information Technology, American Health Information Management Association
- Interior Design, National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA)
- Law Enforcement Academy, Colorado P.O.S.T. (Peace Officer Standard and Training Board)
- Paralegal, American Bar Association
- Paramedicine, Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Medical Laboratory Technology, National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Mortuary Science, American Board of Funeral Service Education
- Nursing (Registered), The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. and The Colorado State Board of Nursing
- Pharmacy Technician, American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Physical Therapist Assistant, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education