- College Leadership
- Inclusive Excellence
- ACC Vision - Strategic Plan
- Employment at ACC
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Institutional Research
Policies & Procedures
- AP 0-01 ACC Procedure Process
- AP 1-40 Academic Freedom
- AP 2-01 Shared Governance Structure
- AP 3-10 Employment Selection Procedure
- AP 3-10a Employment Standards Faculty Instructors
- AP 3-10b Employment Practices for Instructors
- AP 3-20 Due Process Faculty
- AP 3-31 Evaluation Faculty Job Performance
- AP 3-31a Evaluation Administrative Professional And Technical Staff
- AP 3-44 Faculty Professional Development Award
- AP 3-45 Administrative, Professional and Technical Salary Plan
- AP 3-55 Faculty Salary Plan
- AP 3-60 Transitional Retirement Program
- AP 3-80 Faculty Rights Responsibilities And Workload
- AP 3-81 Chairs Rights And Responsibilities
- AP 3-110 Records Management And Colorado Open Records Act Requests
- AP 3-125g Web It Accessibility Plan
- AP 3-150 Employee Code Conduct
- AP 3-160 Travel and Relocation Assistance for Finalists and New Hires
- AP 4-25 Tuition Classification Appeal
- AP 9-09 Requirements for Certificates and Degrees
- AP 9-30 Curriculum Development
- AP 9-47 Instructional Program Review
- AP 16-60a Protocol for Non-Commercial Expressive Activity on Campus by the General Public
- AP 16-60b Protocol for Vending and Solicitation on Campus
- AP 16-60c Protocol for Posting and Bulletin Boards on Campus
- AP 19-30a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus
- Classified Leave Sharing Program
- Visit ACC
AP 0-01 ACC Procedure Process
Arapahoe Community College
Series 1 - Doctrine
AP 0-01 ACC Procedure Process
Originated: July 2005
Revised: October 2016; September 2023
Effective: July 2005; October 2016; September 2023
Stephanie J. Fujii, Ph.D.
President, Arapahoe Community College
This procedure is a reference document outlining the creation, revision, approval, and implementation process for Arapahoe Community College (ACC) procedures. ACC procedures (AP) are created as directed by the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies (BP) and System Procedures (SP).
This Procedure contains pertinent information affecting employees, current through the date of its issuance. To the extent that any provision of this Procedure is inconsistent with State or Federal law, State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Policies (BPs) or Colorado Community College System Procedures (SPs), the law, BPs and SPs shall supersede and control. BPs and SPs are subject to change throughout the year and are effective immediately upon adoption by the Board or Chancellor, respectively. Employees must be familiar with and adhere to the BPs, SPs, and College directives, including this Procedure. Board Policies (BP) and System Procedures (SP) may be located on the Colorado Community College System website.
Nothing in this Procedure is intended to create (nor shall be construed as creating) an express or implied contract or to guarantee employment for any term.
This procedure applies to all ACC employees who may be involved in the creation, revision, and implementation of ACC procedures.
Recommendations for changes to ACC Procedures can come from internal stakeholders such as divisions, estates, and/or committees or could be a result of change in BP/SPs, legislation, or other factors. Recommendations from internal stakeholders should be brought forward to their corresponding cabinet representative for internal review before submitting to cabinet for consideration.
A member of Cabinet initiates the process for the adoption of a new ACC procedure, the revision of a current procedure, or removal / reinstatement of a procedure. The Cabinet member advises Cabinet to the need for change and the process by which the requested change will be vetted through ACC’s shared governance processes.
Upon Cabinet support the Cabinet member engages the appropriate department(s), division(s), estate(s), committee(s), and/or other stakeholders as appropriate to complete the research and updates. Each division should have an internal shared governance process for the review and recommendation of procedural changes that directly affect the division. The Director of Human Resources, VP of Fiscal and Administrative Services, and Executive Director of Equity & Strategy should review the recommended changes to ensure compliance with all State and Federal guidelines and alignment with ACCs equity values. A written draft is completed utilizing the standard procedure template.
The Cabinet member presents the draft to ACC’s Leadership Team (ALT) for review and feedback. At the Leadership Team meeting, the Cabinet member who initiated the procedure process gives a brief overview, leads the discussion, and provides rationale for the changes and tracks the input. Leadership Team members are encouraged to provide input on the revisions. If changes are required, the Cabinet member will make the necessary amendments prior to submitting to Cabinet for formal review.
Once complete, the Cabinet member presents the draft to Cabinet for final recommendation to the President. The College Cabinet takes ALT recommendations under advisement and reviews the protocol making any additional recommendations regarding further revisions. Cabinet forwards the approved draft of the procedure to the President’s Office.
The President has the final approval authority. Once approved, the Executive Assistant to the President forwards the procedure draft to the Marketing Director or their designee for a review of conformance to the template, accessibility, writing mechanics, and style.
The Executive Assistant obtains the President’s signature and provides an electronic copy to Marketing for publication on the ACC Website and the Portal (if necessary). The official document is retained in the Procedure SharePoint.
Communication of procedural changes to the ACC campus community depends on the nature of the procedure and is the responsibility of the Leadership Team member who initiated the process.
The following definitions apply to all APs.
- Appendix – an integral part of the procedure requiring the same approval as the procedure.
Board Policy (BP) - The Board (State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education) may adopt written policies, rules, and regulations consistent with statutes for the efficient organization and operation of the System.
Cabinet - ACC Executive Leadership consisting of the President, Vice Presidents, Associate Vice Presidents, and Directors reporting to the President.
System Procedure (SP) – Refers to the CCCS System level procedures to clarify or operationalize the Board policy.
ACC Procedure (AP) – College level processes developed to operationalize the BP or SP.
Approval – the President retains sole authority of approval.
REVISING THIS PROCEDURE
ACC reserves the right to change any provision or requirement of this procedure at any time and the change shall become effective immediately.