Advising & Support
- Online Education Support
- Testing Center
- Career Services
- Transfer Services
- Student Access Services
- Student Support
Improve your writing skills at the Writing Center. We offer free, one-on-one tutoring sessions (in-person and online) to develop your writing skills. Our tutors work with any skill level, from any class or discipline, at any stage of the writing process. While we are not a proofreading or editing service, tutors are happy to work with you on proofreading strategies and understanding mechanics.
We Can Assist You With:
- Brainstorming, organizing, developing, and clarifying ideas
- Structuring sentences, understanding grammar, and using proper punctuation
- Researching topics and documenting sources
- Formatting and word processing questions
To Access Online Tutoring:
- Log in to D2L.
- The first time you access the Writing Center in D2L, you will need to click on the Self-Registration drop-down tab, click on Writing Center and follow the prompts. Once registration is complete, the Writing Center will appear in your D2L course list.
- Access the Writing Center shell from your D2L course listings.
- On the Writing Center D2L page, click on Communication and then Discussions.
- In the Discussion list, find the forum for "Online Tutoring."
- Under the Online Tutoring forum, click on the "Meet With a Tutor" topic.
- Follow the directions about posting in the "Meet With a Tutor" topic to request assistance from the tutor on duty.
- Schedule an appointment online.
Are you ready to Move Mountains?
Come see us for 30-minute appointments with ACC writing instructors. During tutorial sessions, you will:
- Bring in papers for any class at any stage of the writing process
- Receive general help rather than specific proofreading and editing
- Access useful websites
- Print papers after working with tutors
Regardless of where you are in the writing process, we're here to help you.
writingcenter [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Jason Schlueter, MA
Writing Center Coordinator
Jason [dot] Schlueter [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Make an Appointment
Students are limited to two appointments per week. You may only book one appointment at a time.
Writing Center Hours
Beginning February 5, 2020.
Littleton Campus Hours
Monday - Thursday
9am - 6pm
9am - 1pm
10am - 1pm
Parker Campus Hours
2 - 6pm
10am - 1pm
9am - 1pm
3 - 6pm
Sturm Collaboration Campus Hours
9 - 10:30am and 2 - 5pm
9am - 12pm
9 - 10:30am
2 - 5pm
Available through D2L with a 72-hour turnaround time.
Available with 72-hour notice.