Below are some general eligibility requirements for receiving financial aid. In general, ACC will use the determination of the US Department of Education to qualify you for all forms of aid you can receive while going to school here. ACC encourages all students to start the financial aid application process by completing the FAFSA.
In order to qualify for financial aid, you must:
- Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program (see complete list on the Student Declaration of Major Request form)
- Students enrolled in an ineligible certificate program should still complete a FAFSA to be considered for the Colorado Career and Technical Education (CTE) Grant
- Be enrolled in eligible courses at ACC
- The required credit hour level varies based on type of awards offered (see chart below), with most requiring at least 6 semester credits (half-time)
- All courses must apply to the student's declared degree or certificate program in order to be eligible for aid
- Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in your course of study
- Not be in default on a federal student loan from any educational institution
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant at any educational institution
- Submit all documents required to complete your financial aid file (as listed on the Student Finance tab of the myACC student portal once a FAFSA has been received by ACC)
Click here to learn more about your student rights and responsibilities with Financial Aid.
Financial aid is awarded based on full-time enrollment and may be changed if the student enrolls less-than full-time. The chart below indicates the minimum credit hour requirements (per semester) for each financial aid fund. Only courses that are applicable to the student's declared major are eligible for financial aid and can be counted as eligible credits for the purposes of this chart.
|Federal Pell Grant *||25%||50%||75%||100%|
|Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)||Not eligible||100%||100%||100%|
|Colorado Student Grant (CSG)||Not eligible||100%||100%||100%|
|Colorado Merit Aid||Not eligible||Not eligible||100%||100%|
|Colorado Career & Technical Education (CTE) Grant||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|ACC Scholarships||Not eligible||Varies||Varies||Fully eligible|
|Work Study||Not eligible||Fully eligible||Fully eligible||Fully eligible|
|Federal Direct Loans||Not eligible||100%||100%||100%|
* Percentages are estimates and denote a portion of the initial amount awarded, which are subject to the results of a completed FAFSA. In certain cases of lower levels of financial need, percentages may not remain consistent with these estimates.