- College Leadership
- ACC Vision - Strategic Plan
- Employment at ACC
- Faculty & Staff Directory
College Business Services
- Institutional Research
Policies & Procedures
- AP 0-01 ACC Procedure Process
- AP 1-40 Academic Freedom
- AP 3-10 Employment Selection Procedure
- AP 3-10a Employment Standards Faculty Instructors
- AP 3-10b Faculty And Instructor Qualifications
- AP 3-20 Due Process Faculty
- AP 3-31 Evaluation Faculty Job Performance
- AP 3-31a Evaluation Administrative Professional And Technical Staff
- AP 3-44 Faculty Professional Development Award
- AP 3-45 Administrative And Professional Technical Salary Plan
- AP 3-55 Faculty Salary Plan
- AP 3-60 Transitional Retirement Program
- AP 3-80 Faculty Rights Responsibilities And Workload
- AP 3-81 Chairs Rights And Responsibilities
- AP 3-110 Records Management And Colorado Open Records Act Requests
- AP 3-125g Web It Accessibility Plan
- AP 3-150 Employee Code Conduct
- AP 3-170 Compensatory And Overtime
- AP 4-25 Tuition Classification Appeal
- AP 9-09 Requirements for Certificates and Degrees
- AP 9-30 Curriculum Development
- AP 9-47 Instructional Program Review
- AP 16-60a Protocol for Non-Commercial Expressive Activity on Campus by the General Public
- AP 16-60b Protocol for Vending and Solicitation on Campus
- AP 16-60c Protocol for Posting and Bulletin Boards on Campus
- AP 19-30a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus
- Classified Leave Sharing Program
- Visit ACC
AP 0-01 ACC Procedure Process
Arapahoe Community College
Series 1 - Doctrine
AP 0-01 ACC Procedure Process
Originated: July 2005
Revised: October 2016
Effective: July 2005; October 2016
Diana M. Doyle, Ph.D.
President, Arapahoe Community College
This procedure is a reference document outlining the creation, revision, approval, and implementation process for Arapahoe Community College (ACC) procedures. ACC procedures are created as directed by the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Policies and System President’s Procedures.
This Procedure contains pertinent information affecting employees, current through the date of its issuance. To the extent that any provision of this Procedure is inconsistent with State or Federal law, State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Policies (BPs) or Colorado Community College System President’s Procedures (SPs), the law, BPs and SPs shall supersede and control. BPs and SPs are subject to change throughout the year and are effective immediately upon adoption by the Board or System President, respectively. Employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to the BPs, SPs as well as College directives, including but not limited to this Procedure.
Nothing in this Procedure is intended to create (nor shall be construed as creating) an express or implied contract or to guarantee employment for any term. The College reserves the right to modify, change, delete or add to this Procedure as it deems appropriate.
This procedure applies to all ACC employees who may be involved in the creation, revision, and implementation of ACC procedures.
A member of the Leadership Team initiates the process for the adoption of a new ACC procedure or the revision of a current procedure.
The Leadership Team member works with a department, division, estate, committee, task force, and/or other stakeholders as appropriate to review the need for the new or revised procedure and complete the research and writing. A written draft is completed utilizing the procedure template located in the Employee tab on the Portal.
The Leadership Team member is the liaison to bring forth the procedure for review and vote by the Leadership Team. The Leadership Team member provides a written draft of the procedure to the President’s Office.
The Executive Assistant to the President forwards the procedure draft to the Marketing Director for a review of conformance to the template, accessibility, writing mechanics, and style.
Once the draft is returned to the President’s Office, the Executive Assistant schedules a review of the procedure at a Leadership Team meeting. The Executive Assistant sends a draft copy of the procedure with the agenda to the Leadership Team and provides copies at the meeting.
At the Leadership Team meeting, the Leadership Team member who initiated the procedure process gives a brief overview, leads the discussion, and asks for a vote to approve.
Upon review and approval by the Leadership Team, the Executive Assistant obtains the President’s signature and provides an electronic copy to Marketing for publication on the ACC Website and the Portal (if necessary). The official document is retained in the President’s Office.
Communication of procedural changes to the ACC campus community depends on the nature of the procedure and is the responsibility of the Leadership Team member who initiated the process.