Scholarships can help you pay for college! The best part is: they don't have to be paid back!
Thanks the ACC Foundation, generous donors, and the college itself, we have many scholarships available to our students! We offer a wide range of scholarships. You may qualify for one or several!
But don't limit yourself to just ACC scholarships. You should also apply for outside scholarships to make sure you get as much as you can in scholarship assistance before using student loans.
How to Apply
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Complete a Scholarship Application through the AcademicWorks scholarship system.
Scholarships are available to students:
Spring 2017 Foundation Scholarships
Apply Oct. 1
Deadline Nov. 30
Fall 2017 Financial Aid and Foundation Scholarships
Apply Oct. 1
Applications close March 1, at which point students will no longer be able to view or apply for scholarships.
Scholarship applications are sometimes opened to students entering the spring and summer semesters, if funds are available. When applicable:
- Scholarships are made active on the AcademicWorks scholarship system;
- Notifications are sent by: direct email, social media and other online marketing outlets, and will include specific open/close dates. In general, spring scholarships typically open prior to the Thanksgiving break and close after the winter holiday break. Summer scholarships typically open early April and close mid-May.
- In general, each scholarship recipient will receive only one (1) scholarship during a given time to make scholarships available to as many students as possible.
- Scholarships are usually awarded for the full academic year (fall and spring semesters).
- Scholarships can be applied only towards tuition and fees.
- Additional terms and conditions that may apply to specific scholarships will be communicated through the AcademicWorks scholarship system and again on the award notification when an award is made to the student.
There are many resources that can help you find and apply for scholarships outside of ACC. All resources are FREE. If any resource attempts to charge a fee for any services it is probably a scam and should be avoided.
Scholarship Search Engines
There are a lot of scholarship websites and search engines available online. Here are a few of the most popular engines to help you start your research:
- FastWeb is the largest scholarship search on the Internet. It provides access to a searchable database of more than 600,000 private sector scholarships, fellowships, grants, and student loans with over one billion dollars available. FastWeb is available to you FREE!
- Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC)
- Sallie Mae | Scholarship Search
- Chambers of Commerce
- Clubs (VFW, Elks, etc.)
- FinAid: The SmartStudent™ Guide to Financial Aid
- Friends and family
- High school counseling offices
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Latin American Educational Foundation
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Opportunities
- Professional organizations
- Public libraries
- Student and parents' employers
- Sigma Phi Scholarship Application (Deadline: Oct. 16)
- Tips on developing scholarship essays and résumés