Thanks to funds made available from the Foundation and the institution, ACC has a generous amount of scholarships available to our students! Students are encouraged to apply for both ACC scholarships and outside scholarships to ensure all opportunities are being exhausted prior to utilizing student loans.
How to Apply
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at FAFSA.gov;
- Complete a Scholarship Application through the AcademicWorks scholarship system.
Scholarships are generally only available to students starting each fall semester:
- Scholarships are generally opened to applicants beginning January 1 (prior to the applicable fall semester);
- Priority is given to applicants who apply by April 1;
- Applications close on May 15, at which point students will no longer be able to view or apply for these opportunities.
Scholarship applications are periodically opened to students entering the spring and summer semesters, pending availability of funds. When applicable:
- Scholarships are made active on the AcademicWorks scholarship system;
- Notifications are send via direct email, social media and other online marketing venues, and will include specific open/close dates. In general, spring scholarships will typically open prior to the Thanksgiving break and close after the winter holiday break, and summer scholarships will typically open early April and close mid-May.
- In general, each scholarship recipient will receive only 1 scholarship during a given time as to make scholarships available to as many students as possible.
- Scholarships are generally awarded for the full academic year (fall and spring semesters).
- Scholarships can be applied only towards tuition and fees.
- Additional terms and conditions that may apply to specific scholarships will be communicated through the AcademicWorks scholarship system and again on the award notification when an award is made to the student.
This section is dedicated to resources that can help college students find and apply for scholarships external to ACC. All resources are FREE. If any resource attempts to charge a fee for any services it is most-likely a scam and should be avoided at all costs.
Scholarship Search Engines
A multitude of scholarship websites and search engines are available online. Listed below are a few of the most popular engines to help start your research:
- FastWeb is the largest scholarship search on the Internet. It provides access to a searchable database of more than 600,000 private sector scholarships, fellowships, grants, and student loans with over one billion dollars available. FastWeb is available to you FREE!
- Sallie Mae | College Answer
- Chambers of Commerce
- Clubs (VFW, Elks, etc.)
- FinAid: The SmartStudent™ Guide to Financial Aid
- Friends and family
- High school counseling offices
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Latin American Educational Foundation
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Opportunities
- Professional organizations
- Public libraries
- Student and parents' employers
- Sigma Phi Scholarship Application (Deadline: Oct. 16)
- Tips on developing scholarship essays and résumés