Advising & Support
- Online Education Support
- Testing Center
- Career Services
- Transfer Services
- Disability Access Services
- Student Support
Online Education Support
Online learning can be substantially different from conventional, classroom-based learning and there is an online component to nearly every class at ACC. If you are new to the world of online learning, you may be wondering how to succeed in an online class. In order to make the most of your learning experience, we offer online resources from our eLearning team to help you excel in your courses.
*D2L courses become available the first day of class. Before the start date, you won't see the link for D2L. Please use Detailed Scheduled under the Registration Tools in myACC to confirm your schedule and plan to login to D2L on the start date for each of your classes.
D2L Distance Learning Orientation Schedule
Discover everything you need to know about online courses in an orientation that fits your schedule. You will learn how to access your D2L online, traditional, or hybrid course components. You will also become familiar with the major tools used in an online course. All sessions last under 45 minutes.
D2L Distance Learning Orientations
- Monday, August 17 - 12pm (JOIN MEETING)
- Tuesday, August 18 - 12pm (JOIN MEETING)
- Wednesday, August 19 - 12pm (JOIN MEETING)
- Thursday, August 20 - 12pm (JOIN MEETING)
- Monday, August 24 - 12pm (JOIN MEETING)
- Tuesday, August 25 - 12pm (JOIN MEETING)
- Wednesday, August 26 - 12pm (JOIN MEETING)
- Thursday, August 27 - 12pm (JOIN MEETING)
If you cannot attend one of these orientations and would like to schedule a one-on-one meeting with a staff member, please contact us.
Tips for Online Course Success:
- Courses that are online provide flexibility for when you attend class, but attendance is still mandatory. Similar to a traditional course, you must virtually “attend” an online course in order to benefit from the information and knowledge provided by the professor.
- Paying attention to an online lecture is as important as paying attention in class. Taking notes will still be a useful tool in learning and retaining information. One of the benefits of online learning is the ability to rewind an audio or video lecture ensuring you will not miss key points.
- As with any class, participation is vital. Many classes will require you to be involved with discussions in ACC’s online forum hosted by Desire2Learn (D2L). Professors can post questions as online threads, and students can debate and discuss.
elearning [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
24/7 Online Support:
We have more than 3,000 students taking an online or hybrid class. You are in good company.