ACC's Veteran Services Center exists to help ease the transition into civilian life and to provide guidance through the many unique challenges encountered while entering the academic environment.
Apply for Educational Benefits
- Visit the VA GI Bill website and click on "Apply for Benefits"
- Complete the Veterans Online Application, or the "VONAPP."
Getting Started at ACC
Print the Registration Checklist for all possible steps.
Using the contact information on the top-right of this page, submit the following to our School Certifying Official:
- Form DD-214 (discharge form)
- Certificate of Eligibility (or letter of entitlement from the VA) - received by submitting the VONAPP (Veteran's Online Application).
- Course Load Sheet (CLS) - Email firstname.lastname@example.org schedule changes after CLS is submitted.
- A new Course Load Sheet (and a degree check) is required every semester you are enrolled.
- Online Developmental Courses - The VA will not pay for online developmental courses (Any class that starts with a 0, ex. MAT 045). If you register for these courses you will be responsible for paying for them and they will not apply toward your housing or stipend from the VA. (On campus developmental classes will be covered.)
- Term dates are reported as they appear in the class schedule. Accelerated courses may affect your eligibility. You can calculate your VA Equivalent Hours for classes that are less than 15 weeks to determine your VA rate of pursuit based on the length of your classes and their credit hours.
Want to get involved with the veteran community?
Check out our Veteran Resource Center and Vet Club!
ACC Scholarships for Veterans
Arapahoe Community College is the proud recipient of the Boundless Opportunity Scholarship (Veteran Vision for the Future) award of $30,000. The Boundless Opportunity Scholarship has provided (12) scholarships to help military veterans with needed tuition assistance and support to be successful at ACC and beyond. Because the recipients of these scholarships will assist other student veterans in demystifying higher education, its requirements, costs, and benefits, we know the value of this generous award will extend far beyond the six scholarship recipients. The Boundless Opportunity Scholarship has made it possible to more fully provide for the successful reintegration of student veterans into campus and community life.
Arapahoe Community College is committed to providing Veteran Institutional Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 for honorably discharged Veterans in need. The deadline is May 15 of each year for the following award year. Please see the list of all available ACC scholarships at our scholarship link. ACC faculty and staff are already geared to assist student veterans in identifying academic, vocational, and career interests/goals and are committed to providing continuous follow-up and support to ensure academic retention and success.
We are working toward making the 15-16 financial aid year just as successful in terms of scholarships for the men and women of our Armed Forces. The list of available ACC scholarships is posted at arapahoe.edu/Scholarships. Scholarships will only be visible during active application periods.
- Apply to ACC: click APPLY button
- VONAPP- Veterans Online Application and Change of Place or Program
- Which benefits do you qualify for?
- Once you have been certified, now what?
- Professional Judgment
- Tuition Assistance
- Transferring credits
- GI Bill® Feedback System
- GI Bill® Comparison Tool