This page is designed to assist veterans who would like to utilize their educational benefits at ACC.
Getting Started at ACC
Print the Registration Checklist for all possible steps.
1. Compare educational benefits
Compare your options with these resources:
- View a list of all benefits options
- GI Bill® Comparison Tool
- Free refresher training available through Veterans Upward Bound
2. Apply for benefits
- Visit the VA GI Bill® website and click on "Apply for Benefits"
- Complete the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP)
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
3. Request ACC to certify your benefits
Using the contact information on the top-right of this page, submit the following to our School Certifying Official:
- Form DD-214 (discharge form)
- Certificate of Eligibility (or letter of entitlement from the VA) - this is received by submitting theVeteran's Online Application (VONAPP)
- Request for Certification - Once the Request for Certification is submitted, email any schedule changes to email@example.com
IMPORTANT! Please note:
- Online Developmental Courses - The VA will not pay for online developmental courses (Any class that starts with a 0, ex. MAT 045). If you register for these courses you will be responsible for paying for them and they will not apply toward your housing or stipend from the VA. (On campus developmental classes will be covered.)
- Term dates are reported as they appear in the class schedule. Accelerated courses may affect your eligibility. You can calculate your VA Equivalent Hours for classes that are less than 15 weeks to determine your VA rate of pursuit based on the length of your classes and their credit hours.
4. Understand next steps
As an ACC Student
1. Maintain eligibility
- A new Request for Certification (with degree check) is required every semester you are enrolled.
2. Utilize ACC's resources for veterans
Connect with Veterans Services
Participate in the Student Veterans Association
Apply for a Scholarship
Arapahoe Community College is the proud recipient of the Boundless Opportunity Scholarship (Veteran Vision for the Future) award of $30,000. The Boundless Opportunity Scholarship has provided (12) scholarships to help military veterans with needed tuition assistance and support to be successful at ACC and beyond. Because the recipients of these scholarships will assist other student veterans in demystifying higher education, its requirements, costs, and benefits, we know the value of this generous award will extend far beyond the six scholarship recipients. The Boundless Opportunity Scholarship has made it possible to more fully provide for the successful reintegration of student veterans into campus and community life.
Arapahoe Community College is committed to providing Veteran Institutional Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 for honorably discharged Veterans in need. The deadline is May 15 of each year for the following award year. Please see the list of all available ACC scholarships at our scholarship link. ACC faculty and staff are already geared to assist student veterans in identifying academic, vocational, and career interests/goals and are committed to providing continuous follow-up and support to ensure academic retention and success.
We are working toward making the 15-16 financial aid year just as successful in terms of scholarships for the men and women of our Armed Forces. The list of available ACC scholarships is posted at arapahoe.edu/Scholarships. Scholarships will only be visible during active application periods (typically January 1 - May 15).
- Apply to ACC (click APPLY button)
- Colorado Opportunity Fund (COF)
- Compare VA Educational Benefits (see also the GI Bill® Comparison Tool)
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- GI Bill® Feedback System
- Transferring credits
- Tuition Assistance
- Resources for Veterans
- VONAPP- Veterans Online Application and Change of Place or Program
- You've been certified. Now what?