Arapahoe Community College’s 2017-2018 Commencement Ceremony
Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
Magness Arena, Ritchie Center at
University of Denver, 2240 E. Buchtel Blvd., Denver, CO 80210
Commencement Day Details
Please arrive at Magness Arena by 6:00 p.m. and meet in the Hamilton Gymnasium for check-in and instructions. We do not have a rehearsal so this is the time when graduates will be prepped for graduation events.
Professional clothes should be worn under your gown, such as slacks and shirt or skirt and blouse. Please remember to wear comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of standing and walking before, during, and after the ceremony. Please remember to wear light, comfortable clothing as it can get warm underneath the gowns.
Guests of Graduates, Faculty and Staff
Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. for guests to begin finding their seats within the Magness Arena, inside the Ritchie Center.
Parking: Printable Parking Directions (PDF)
ACC is paying for parking, so it is FREE for everyone attending the ceremony. Please allow plenty of time to find parking and enter the Ritchie Center. Magness Arena, Ritchie Center Parking Map.
- Graduate Parking: Park in Lot 108 (off of Buchtel and University) and walk down Buchtel Blvd (north of University) to the Magness entrance.
- Guests: May park in Lots 103, Lot 108, Lot C, Lot L, Lot T or Lot W and enter through any entrance to the Magness Arena.
- Handicap Accessible parking: Lot 311 and Lot 314 is reserved for Handicap parking only.
- Faculty and Staff: Park in Lot W. Enter on Jewell Ave side, from University Ave.
GradImages will be taking photographs of graduates at Commencement as you walk to the stage, receive your diploma and as you exit the stage. Family and friends can take photographs from their seats, but will not be allowed in the aisles or near the stage. GradImages will contact graduates approximately 3-4 weeks after the commencement ceremony with photo proofs and pricing. You can order photos directly from GradImages though their client portal or by contacting them at 1-800-261-2576.
DU will be recording the ceremony. DVDs of the ceremony will be available approximately 4 weeks after the ceremony. To order a DVD directly through DU, please print the Commencement DVD Order Form, complete and mail directly to DU to the address listed on the form. The cost is $30 per DVD. DU does not allow third parties to bring in tripods or other formal filming equipment. No personal tripods will be allowed inside the Arena.
Limited designated wheelchair stations are available in the Magness Arena. Please see an ACC volunteer for directions to wheelchair accessible sections within the arena.
We ask that all participants remain in their seats throughout the entire ceremony. Graduates will exit as a class to the recessional music. Guests can exit after the recessional ends and meet up with your graduate in the hallway outside of the arena. Please remember that guests are not permitted on the floor of the arena near the graduates before, during or after the ceremony.
- For guests with small children, please be courteous to others and keep your children with you at all times and quiet during the ceremony. There is a small space available on the upper level behind guest seating for parents to walk around with their children if needed. Parents please keep your children quiet and with you in this area as well.
- No helium balloons allowed. Any helium balloons brought in will be removed.
- No outside food or drink is allowed.
Spring 2018 Graduation Applications are due by March 15, 2018 in order to be eligible to walk in the May 9, 2018 ACC Commencement Ceremony.
Spring Graduate Diplomas
Diplomas will be mailed to Spring 2018 graduates by the end of June 2018.
Want to order your cap and gown or class ring? See what's available from Jostens, then order through the ACC Bookstore. If you have any questions about Jostens items, please contact Shelley McClellan at email@example.com.
For additional questions regarding the Commencement Ceremony not addressed here, please contact Allison Lemmertz, Graduation and Prior Learning Assessment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations, ACC Graduates!