June 10-22, 2019
This unique course is a collaboration between the Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Photography and Interior Design Departments. You will travel to Venice, Florence, Rome, Orvieto, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri.
Italy’s Northern, Tuscan and Costal landscapes make it one of the most rewarding destinations. You will explore classical Roman, Renaissance, Baroque and Neoclassical art and architecture. Italy is home to some of the most famous structures in the world, including the Colosseum and the Vatican. You will visit local gardens, monuments, ancient ruins, cathedrals, museum, galleries, and local establishments, while experiencing the cuisine and customs of traditional Italy.
During the trip, you will study and create art. When you return you will continue their class and art making as you prepare for an exhibition at the Colorado Gallery of the Arts. The course credits will go towards ACC's Associate of Art Degree in Studio Art.
- Trish Sangelo, Group Leader, Study Abroad Coordinator & Photography Instructor
- Angela Faris Belt, Photography Coordinator & Instructor
- Katie Caron, Ceramics Coordinator and Instructor
- Chavanthop Watankul, Drawing & Painting Instructor
- Dawn Viola, Interior Design Instructor
ACC Study Abroad Class Registration
Register for one of the ACC summer classes (required). Registration begins March 2019 (you will receive an email to register).
- May 28, 2019 - Summer semester starts - orientation and class begin. Review travel information, safety, course requirements, grades and exhibition details
- June 10 / Travel Day 1 - Travel from Denver to Venice
- June 11 / Travel Day 2 - Arrive in Venice, guided walking tour
- June 12 / Travel Day 3 - Venice, Punta Della Dogana and Palazzo Grimani
- June 13 / Travel Day 4 - Florence, Piazza Michelangelo, Ponte Vecchio, Boboli Gardens
- June 14 / Travel Day 5 - Florence, Duomo, Uffizi Museum, Accademia
- June 15 / Travel Day 6 - Rome, Palazzo dei Papi, sight-seeing
- June 16 / Travel Day 7 - Roman Forum, Circus Maximus, Via del Corso
- June 17 / Travel Day 8 - Rome, Vatican, St. Peters Basillica
- June 18 / Travel Day 9 - Rome, Colosseum
- June 19 / Travel Day 10 - Capri - excursion to Pompeii
- June 20 / Travel Day 11 - Capri - excursion to Sorrento Region
- June 21 / Travel Day 12 - Rome
- June 22 / Travel Day 13 - Depart Rome to Denver
- June 23 - August 8 - You will continue with your regular class schedule, critiques, assignments, final portfolio review and preparation for exhibitions
- August 8 - Summer semester ends, grades due
- Fall 2019-2020 Exhibitions at the Colorado Gallery of the Arts and additional local galleries
Fundraising opportunities with the ACC Foundation
You may volunteer at these events to raise funds for their trip. Talk with the Study Abroad Coordinator for details and to sign up.
- Affordable Arts Fair
- Grapes for Grads
- ACC Scholarship Luncheon
Orientation and Classes
- Spring 2019 - we will provide a few classes prior to our departure to cover trip information, expectations, travel tips, packing, syllabus, technical information, etc.
- After we return we will plan a few classes, critiques and prepare for our exhibitions.
Schedule Your Orientation Meeting
Please contact the Study Abroad Coordinator for an orientation meeting to complete travel / medical forms, discuss financial aid, grants, scholarships, fundraising and general information. Trish Sangelo, 303.797.5212 or trish.sangelo [at] arapahoe.edu.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- ACC Foundation
- The Healing Arts Program
- Heritage Fine Art Guild
- Denver Community Credit Union
- Denver Digital Imaging Center
- Englewood Camera