- College Leadership
- ACC Vision - Strategic Plan
- Employment at ACC
- Faculty & Staff Directory
College Business Services
- Institutional Research
Policies & Procedures
- AP 0-01 ACC Procedure Process
- AP 1-40 Academic Freedom
- AP 3-10 Employment Selection Procedure
- AP 3-10a Employment Standards Faculty Instructors
- AP 3-10b Faculty And Instructor Qualifications
- AP 3-20 Due Process Faculty
- AP 3-31 Evaluation Faculty Job Performance
- AP 3-31a Evaluation Administrative Professional And Technical Staff
- AP 3-44 Faculty Professional Development Award
- AP 3-45 Administrative And Professional Technical Salary Plan
- AP 3-55 Faculty Salary Plan
- AP 3-60 Transitional Retirement Program
- AP 3-80 Faculty Rights Responsibilities And Workload
- AP 3-81 Chairs Rights And Responsibilities
- AP 3-110 Records Management And Colorado Open Records Act Requests
- AP 3-125g Web It Accessibility Plan
- AP 3-150 Employee Code Conduct
- AP 3-170 Compensatory And Overtime
- AP 4-25 Tuition Classification Appeal
- AP 4-30a Student Code Conduct Responsibilities And Rights
- AP 9-30 Curriculum Development
- AP 9-47 Instructional Program Review
- AP 19-30a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus
- Classified Leave Sharing Program
- Visit ACC
AP 3-60 Transitional Retirement Program
Arapahoe Community College
Series 3 – College Personnel
AP 3-60 Transitional Retirement Program
Originated: July 1994
Revised: November 1999; July 2016
Effective: July 1994; November 1999; July 2016
References: BP 3-60; SP 3-60c
Diana M. Doyle, Ph.D.
President, Arapahoe Community College
To provide information by which an ACC employee may apply to continue employment at ACC as a Transitional Appointment within the limits established by PERA , Colorado Community Colleges and Occupational Education System Board Policies and Arapahoe Community College Procedures. A transitional appointment is not an employment right. A request for a transitional appointment can be denied with or without cause.
This Procedure contains pertinent information affecting employees, current through the date of its issuance. To the extent that any provision of this Procedure is inconsistent with State or Federal law, State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Policies (BPs) or Colorado Community College System President’s Procedures (SPs), the law, BPs and SPs shall supersede and control. BPs and SPs are subject to change throughout the year and are effective immediately upon adoption by the Board or System President, respectively. Employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to the BPs, SPs as well as College directives, including but not limited to this Procedure.
Nothing in this Procedure is intended to create (nor shall be construed as creating) an express or implied contract or to guarantee employment for any term. The College reserves the right to modify, change, delete or add to this Procedure as it deems appropriate.
This procedure applies to employees.
This program is available to all Arapahoe Community College employees who meet the following criteria:
- Are eligible for PERA Retirement Benefits.
- Must have been employed at least 50% or more while employed at ACC for the past five years.
- Transitional Retirement Program
A Transitional Retirement Appointment may be for any number of days or hours up to the maximum allowed under applicable PERA policy without penalty.
The retiring employee will submit a written request for consideration of a Transitional Retirement Appointment to the appropriate vice president. The request will include: a description of the work to be performed, work schedule hours and dates of the appointment period. The vice president will consult with the employee's supervisor(s) and any other appropriate personnel concerning the employee's request for the appointment. The vice president will forward a confidential written recommendation to the president for approval, denial or modification of the request. Within the sole discretion of the president, with or without cause, the president will approve, deny or modify the request. The president will notify the retiring employee in writing of the decision. If the request is approved, the president will initiate the Transitional Retirement Appointment. If the request is modified, the employee will have ten days to respond in writing to the president to accept the modified request.
If the employee does not retire by the intended date or otherwise violates the conditions of this program, the Transitional Retirement Appointment is null and void.
The salary rate of the Transitional Retirement Appointment will be determined by the president, in the president's sole discretion. Transitional Retirees are not eligible for any ACC benefits except those normally afforded to a retired employee.
- Rights and Responsibilities
Employees under the Transitional Retirement Appointment have no rights to continued employment beyond the terms of the Transitional Retirement Appointment. Employees under the Transitional Retirement Appointments are not considered employees for purposes of employment rights under the Board and College policies.