Writers Studio: A Community for Writers
Passionate about writing? Join ACC's literary community and thrive
Established in 2004, the ACC Writers Studio is a community for writers of all ages and skill levels. We invite writers from our school and community to experience the writing life through creative writing courses, workshops, literary contests, festivals, and readings. We invite local and national writers to share their words and expertise with our students and community members.
- Writers Studio Events: Festivals, workshops, literary contests, readings and open mics offer opportunities for writers of every level to connect and develop their craft. These events are open to ACC students and the community at large and many are free.
- Creative Writing Classes: ACC offers creative writing classes each semester as part of its A.A. degree with a Creative Writing Area of Interest: Introduction to Creative Writing, Advanced Creative Writing, Poetry, Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Publishing, Novel Writing, Literary Journal and others.
- A.A. Degree: Our Creative Writing area of interest nurtures beginning and experienced writers with a comprehensive program of creative writing and literature courses. Explore multiple genres in creative writing. Sharpen critical thinking and analytical skills through the study of past and contemporary literary masters.
For detailed information about our Creative Writing area of interest, visit our Creative Writing webpage.
“Articulation Agreements”: Credit transfer agreements with Adams State College, Santa Fe School of Art and Design, and Western State College of Colorado help our Creative Writing graduates to carry as many credits as possible into a BA English/Creative Writing program. (This does not mean that your credits will not transfer to other four-year programs). We also have close partnerships with Regis University, University College at the University of Denver, and CSU Global.
- Progenitor Art and Literary Journal: ACC's prize-winning literary journal. Progenitor Art and Literary Journal is produced each spring by ENG 231 Literary Magazine and the Multimedia Graphic Design Capstone 281. Visit our Progenitor Online 2018 for interviews, art and writing, and information on submitting.
- Writers Studio Literary Contest Re-organized! Starting Fall 2017, Writers Studio will hold its annual Writers Studio Contest in the Fall. Submission period will extend from October 1, 2017 - January 1, 2018. Winners of the literary contest will be published in the following year's Progenitor Art & Literary Journal, Spring 2018.
- The Writers Studio Credential gives students seeking another degree emphasis yet interested in a secondary focus in creative writing the ability to receive an 18 credit hour Professional Achievement Award. Find more specific information about the Credential program.
- The Writers Studio Scholarship: Each year the Writers Studio offers a scholarship to ACC students interested in taking creative writing classes. Visit our Writers Studio Scholarship page for more information.
- Writers Studio Club is open to ACC students and Community Ed students. Please join us! For more information, email our faculty advisor, Jamey Trotter firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.797.5857.
- Partnership with ACC Community Education: Each semester, Writers Studio offers non-degree seeking writers the chance to take upper-level workshops in fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry and publishing through our Community Ed program. Contact Community Education to learn more.
Want to be informed of Writers Studio events and classes? Sign up for our email list.
Jamey Trotter, Coordinator of the Writers Studio
303.797.5794 or Email: email@example.com