Nurse Aide Certificate
CIP 513902 (NR3)
This program will prepare the student for employment as a nurse aide in hospital, home-care, skilled care and hospice facilities. The entry level skills of a nurse aide are an excellent introduction to a broad range of health professions. Nurse Aides provide close personal care for a variety of clients. Successful students are considerate of others and recognize how to meet the needs of vulnerable humans as well as how to interact with other members of the healthcare team. Basic nursing skills, including activities of daily living, use of assistive devices and recognition of the emotional, social, cultural and individual rights of patients are all competencies that will be covered in the coursework. Students will have an opportunity to practice these skills in the college lab with transition into healthcare agencies. Successful completion of the Nurse Aide Certificate course at ACC qualifies the student to take the State Certification Examination, also known as the NNAAP exam, to become a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA). The Nurse Aide program is approved by the State Board of Nursing, located at 1560 Broadway, Suite 1370, Denver, Colorado 80202-5146, telephone 303.894.2430.
Please see the full list of requirements and checklist at http://www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/a-z-programs/nurse-aide on the Nurse Aide Page.
* For clinical requirements please see http://www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/a-z-programs/nurse-aide/-site-clinicals on the Nurse Aide Page
- Courses required for this certificate must be completed with a "C" or better to meet graduation requirements.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.
- Information regarding occupations, completion rates, placement rates, program costs and median loan debt may be found at www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/gainful-employment-disclosure-information.