Move Mountains and Earn More with Professional and Skills Training
ACC means BUSINESS and we can help increase employee effectiveness and production through many options.
For Job Seekers and Employees
- certificate programs
- individual courses
- online training and classes
Looking For a New Career?
- Event Management is a certificate program endorsed by the Colorado Festivals and Events Association (CFEA)
- Medical Transcription is a convenient online program with local discussion groups
- RN Refresher includes online curriculum, hands-on skills lab and clinical coordination
- Hundreds of career training and certification programs are offered online for your convenience
For Small and Large Businesses
We help assess organizational training needs and propose specific programs that will assist employees to meet organizational goals.
- training assessments
- individual courses or certificate and degree programs
- quality training
- workplace skills
- customized training
Customized training designed for unique operations, includes curriculum development and instruction in areas such as:
- technical skills for industrial operations
- information skills and computer training
- leadership development
- project management
- supervisory skills
- occupational Spanish and other language classes including English as a Second Language
- Six Sigma
- Lean Enterprise and Manufacturing
The Workforce Training Program helps people with good skills and knowledge obtain exceptional skills and knowledge. We work with business leaders and individuals to raise skill levels to become more productive and valuable in the workplace.
We do custom training design, implementation and industry certification. Our clients learn about workforce development strategies and intellectual resources that only we can offer. We begin our process with analysis, then do design and, curriculum development, and culminate in the implementation of an exceptional customized training program.
Workforce Trainers and instructors have practical experience in their fields and work with companies to create a training program to meet specific needs.
Focus on Results
Our carefully tested methods provide companies with an efficient, customized, training plan.
- We consult with company personnel
- Experienced facilitators do an on-site assessment
- We design and deliver customized workshops and training programs
Finance Your Program with State-funded Training Dollars
Learn about Colorado FIRST and Existing Industry programs that provide training incentives to improve employment opportunities for Coloradoans and enhance Colorado’s competitive position. The State and the Colorado Community College System administer these programs. We help develop and deliver customized training programs using grant-funded training dollars.
Questions? Call 303.734.3701 or visit arapahoe.edu/workforce
A Lifetime of Learning!
Looking for something fun to do? Meet new friends? Change careers? Each year, thousands of people like you enroll in courses and certificate programs. Hundreds of classes are offered each season (four terms per year), and new courses are constantly developed to meet the changing needs of the community. Visit our Web site at arapahoe.edu/communityed. You can register for classes online with a credit card or call 303.797.5722. The Community Education Program office is located in Room A1215 on the first floor of the Annex building of the Littleton Campus. Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Course offerings include:
- Arts and Crafts–Courses focusing on drawing, painting, photography and general crafts
- Business–Courses designed for the small business entrepreneur
- Career–Workshops, seminars and certificated programs designed to assist those in finding, changing or training for a career
- Computer, Smart Phones, Tablets–Courses for the home computer user, in three- and six-hour formats using the latest software
- Language and Culture–Courses for travelers, business interests or for pleasure, including English as a Second Language
- Home and Garden–Workshops for inside and outside the home for the “do-it-yourselfer”
- Health, Fitness and Beauty–Courses promoting a healthy life using traditional and alternative methods as well as beauty tips
- Music–Courses to develop musical interests and talents including private lessons
- Online–Courses in a variety of interest areas that can be completed online at home or work
- Personal Development–A mixture of courses including writing, spirituality and other topics
- Personal Finance–Courses to improve financial security
- Recreation and Travel–Courses include sports and recreational activities, day excursions, genealogy, bridge, etc.
- Youth College–Courses for children in grades K- 12 including summer high school and enrichment programs
Course Formats – Formats vary from 1-10 sessions per term (season) depending on the course topic.
Course Locations – Courses are held at the ACC Main Campus and various locations throughout the South Metro area.
Course Instructors – Over two hundred part-time expert instructors teach in the program.
GED: General Education Development
If you are planning to take the GED High School Equivalency exam, we will help you prepare. Classes help you acquire the knowledge needed to have a sufficient score to pass the exam. You can register for non-credit classes that are held during the day, in the evening, or online. You must be 17 years of age to take the GED test. For information about the GED test, contact the Testing Center at 303.797.5993. For more information about GED classes, call the Community Education Program office at 303.797.5722.