The Nurse Aide program requires the completion of NUA 170 and NUA 171 for a combined 72 hours of clinical assignments.
- Clinical courses consist of assignments to health care facilities. These assignments include both day shifts (6:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.) and evening shifts (2:00 p.m. until 10:30 p.m.).
- Students are not guaranteed a clinical assignments. Required documentation includes CPR, immunizations, background check and drug screen clearance by Human Resources, and a score of at least 75% in theory must be on file prior to progressing to a clinical assignment.
- Clinical assignments are nonnegotiable and set for the latter part of the semester. Assignments will be distributed within the first two weeks of class. Students enrolled in the weekend program (section 303) will be assigned weekend days; students in sections 102 and 301 will be assigned random dates determined by facility availability.
- Clinical placements are limited and personal requests cannot be accommodated.
- Students will complete 72 hours of clinical time during the two clinical courses.
- Clinical assignments will be held at acute care, long term care, and hospice care settings.
Course Descriptions in Catalog: