You have a lot of choices when it comes to your education. So why Arapahoe Community College? Because ACC provides the perfect environment for you to Do More. Experience:
- Opportunities for success—through two-year associate degrees, certificates and guaranteed transfer programs to Colorado public four-year institutions
- More than 100 degree and certificate programs—so you receive a solid foundation for your future
- Small class sizes—so you get the attention you need to be successful
- Faculty who care—and who take the time to get to know you and how you learn
- Affordability and accessibility—thanks to the lowest tuition among state-funded schools and financial aid and scholarships
- Convenient locations—Littleton Campus, Parker Campus and Castle Rock Campus
- Preparation for the future—through individual attention, library services and a career center so you will become part of a network of outstanding Arapahoe Community College alumni who, thanks to their ACC education, have gone on to Do More
Statement of Shared Governance
What is shared governance?
Shared governance extends to the College community appropriate voice and consideration in decision-making, and creating procedures and processes while supporting the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education and other regulated policies. It is a collaborative endeavor in which all stakeholders participate to advance the College's Vision, Mission and Values.
Shared governance – the heart and future of ACC
Our future is in the hands of the entire ACC family including employees, students, community partners, alumni, and volunteers. Together we can achieve much through unified goals, actions and a shared passion for Arapahoe Community College.
What makes shared governance work?
Communication is the foundation of shared governance. By embracing shared governance, the College will make decisions combining ideas, experience, viewpoints and expertise from across the institution – encouraging inclusivity, understanding, compliance and support for actions taken.
What is the outcome of shared governance?
ACC will grow and realize its vision to be the leader in community college education for the state of Colorado as all College partners execute their roles and responsibilities.
July 13, 2011
We respect, understand, and embrace the differences and similarities among our students, staff, faculty and the community we proudly serve. As a community, ACC encourages the richness of diversity and values the dignity of all persons. We strive to foster an equal and positive learning environment that reflects the diverse nature of the people of Colorado and the nation.
August 22, 2012
The College prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal, state law, or Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sex, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq..
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact: Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer Angela Williams, Human Resources Director, 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, CO 80160. Phone 303.797-5715 or email@example.com.
Complaints may also be filed with the Vice President of Legal Affairs and Vocational Education Administration, Colorado Community College System, 9101 E. Lowry Blvd., Denver, Colorado 80230-6011, phone 303.595.1549; or the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, Colorado, 80204, phone 303.844.5695.