The Paramedic Education Program provides you with knowledge of the acute, critical changes in physiology, psychological and clinical symptoms related to the pre-hospital emergency medical care. You will acquire clinical experience and practical skills related to emergency medical care. You will also learn the ethical and legal responsibilities in the paramedic field.
What to expect once you are in the Paramedic Education Program
- Classroom and lab work with experienced instructors to enhance your skills
- Hands-on experience with emergency care equipment, including simulation mannequins and our ACC ambulance
- Simulation training that includes cross-training with other ACC health program and the Law Enforcement Academy
- Integrated training between EMT and Paramedic programs
- Clinical rotations in emergency departments at upper-level trauma centers, critical care units, labor and delivery units, pediatric units, cardiac cath labs, surgical services, respiratory therapy, and geriatric extended care.
- Capstone field internship.
- Transfer options to continue your education.
Program Effectiveness Data
- The most recent 5-year success rate for the National Registry of EMT exam is 100%.
- The most recent 5-year positive placement rate for graduates is 96.43%. Positive placement is defined by CoAEMSP as ‘Employed full- or part-time in a related field and/or continuing his/her education and/or serving in the military.’
- The retention rate is 79.79%.
- At the ACC EMS Academy, positive placement is measured at completion of the program.