Hello ACC Students –
Countdown to the start of ACC’s Fall 2021 semester is underway! Many courses will start the week of August 23 and from now until then, I will be sending you information. The intent of the information is to help you have a successful semester at ACC...I don’t mean to overwhelm you with communication, but I think we can all agree – this is an unusual time and I don’t know about you – I find I need more information and repeated information given all that is happening.
Please continue to monitor the ACC Webpage and your student email for the latest updates. I am including some important updates in this email – please do not hesitate to reach out with questions!
THIS TUESDAY, August 17, NO SERVICES VIRTUAL OR IN PERSON 8am until 10am due to an All College Meeting for employees. Thank you for your understanding as we prepare for Fall 2021.
ACTION ITEM FOR Today, Monday, August 16: MASK UP! Masks required inside all ACC buildings until further notice.
In person services are available at all three ACC campuses. ALL ACC services are also available virtually, so there is no need to come to campus if you prefer. In person or virtual, please plan to make an appointment utilizing Navigate or call ahead, as that will allow us to serve you best without additional waiting. Download the Navigate app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store for on the go appointment scheduling and other resources.
You need to wear a mask to be on campus. Please continue reading for information about accommodations to wearing a mask.
Vaccines are strongly encouraged. While they are not currently mandated by the state, the Colorado Community College System or ACC at this time, they are strongly encouraged. Please note – this information may change and require ACC to adjust according to any public health orders or other state agencies. We promise to communicate any changes.
Two opportunities to win $$$ related to vaccines (enter both!!!)
- Opportunities to be selected for $2500 scholarship or $100 bookstore cards is available for ACC students if you apply before August 19th at 9am.
- The Community College of Colorado System & Amazon are offering Shot at a Scholarship available for students – you could win $$$. Check HERE for details.
FALL 2021 Important Information
- You must wear a CDC approved face covering if you come to any campus. You must wear a mask if you are on campus in person. Reminder: Neck gators and masks that have a vent that exhales ARE NOT approved to be worn on campus.
- If you do not have a mask or CDC approved face covering, we will have a limited supply available at no cost to students at the front doors. If you feel you cannot wear a mask/face covering, please contact ACC disability [dot] access [at] arapahoe [dot] edu (Disability Access Services) to explore accommodation options.
- How is ACC responding if a student or staff tests positive for COVID-19? Please review ACC’s COVID-19 Response Protocol.
- Please know we are here to support you, but part of that is you doing your part. You are asked to use the reporting forms if:
- You have received a presumptive positive or positive COVID-19 test.
- You have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- You are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Take a minute to check HOW your class will be offered for fall. Any class with a building, room number will have on-campus, in person meetings. Please visit the ACC Fall 2021 website for more details on how fall courses will meet. As we get closer to the first day of classes, or if you family situation has changed, please look for a course that meets your needs. Don’t want to come to campus in person or cannot due to your circumstances? Look for the course that meets remotely in real time or online at your convenience (you can tell by the classroom or review the ACC Fall Course Offerings for a full description).
- To view your schedule, please visit myACC. On the Dashboard tab, the second icon has My Schedule. LOOK AT THE ROOM – if the class is remote – it will say REMOTE for the room. ACCOnline or CCCOnline will indicate online and TBD for the time. Classes with a room and a time will meet in person. Review the ACC Fall 2021 Website for specific details.
- Starting August 19, you can select the Course Access icon on the dashboard to access additional course information, including important course links like Zoom or WebEx. This will work for ACC Online courses. CCCOnline courses will open in D2L/Course Access on the first day scheduled for the class.
- Parking passes. You need to purchase a parking pass if you need to come park at any campus and may not park in ACC lots without a pass. Enforcement will begin on September 13. Please remember to park in ACC lots (parking and building maps can be found here). Street parking at Littleton campus is not controlled by ACC and may result in City of Littleton tickets if you do not follow the signage on the streets. Visit ACC’s Campus Safety web page and select Parking for details on how and where to purchase and pick up your pass.
- The ACC Bookstore has options including in person and ship to home options. We also have created Step by Step How to Order information to assist students in finding and ordering the books or supplies you need for your class.
Fall 2021 Classes Start the week of August 23rd
Again – please check to see when, how or where your classes will meet. Parker? Littleton? Sturm Collaboration Campus or Art & Design? Is your class meeting in person...or will it meet remotely? All services are available in person and remotely if you prefer to not come into a campus building. Some classes start LATER in the semester – double check the START date of your scheduled course. NOT ALL CLASSES START on the week of August 23.
For Fall 2021:
- Wear a CDC approved face covering when in any ACC building, and
- Do not come to campus if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- The Library and Learning Commons is open (great place to hang out between classes) and has virtual services.
- The Fitness Center at Littleton is open.
- Calculator Rental is available. You can pay for your calculator rental online by completing the online rental form in myACC on the Student Finance page and choose Pay with Credit Card: Optional Purchases. To arrange pick up, contact the Math Support Center.
- ACC’s Campus Shop & Espresso Yourself Café is open for grab & go food and supplies. Hours are posted on the website. Sturm Collaboration Campus students – watch for information about services via Crowfoot Coffee.
Thanks ACC Pumas!
Lisa Matye Edwards
Vice President of Student Affairs
Arapahoe Community College