Practical Nursing Certificate
CIP 513801 (NR1)
This Practical Nurse (PN) certificate is available only to those students who have been accepted into the registered nursing program and have completed all prerequisites, the first two semester courses, and NUR 1069. The certificate prepares the nursing student to take the practical nursing licensure examination and to practice as a licensed practical nurse, offered only as an alternative Nursing Pathway Option. Contact the Nursing Department at 303.797.5939 for more information.
Admission Requirements are briefly noted below - for detailed information and pertinent dates go to http://www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/a-z-programs/nursing-program-0
- Admission to Arapahoe Community College
- Acceptance in the AAS-Nursing program
* (for Practical Nursing Certificate only)
* NUR 1069 is offered every summer. Contact the Nursing Department at 303.797.5939 for more information.
Upon successful completion of BIO 2101, BIO 2102, BIO 2104, ENG 1021, PSY 2440, HPR 1010, MAT 1120, NUR 1006, NUR 1009, NUR 1012, NUR 1050, NUR 1069, with a grade of "C" or better, students will receive a practical nursing certificate. Then they may apply to take the NCLEX-PN (National Council of Licensure Examination-Practical Nursing) exam through the Colorado Board of Nursing.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.