Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you want to Move Mountains in the health care field? Find your path with the ACC Nursing Program and begin changing lives today, starting with your own!
The Associate Nursing Degree (ADN) program is approved by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), the Colorado State Board of Nursing and the Colorado Community College System. You will develop skills to work in hospitals and clinical settings in the areas of Obstetric and Pediatric, Medical/Surgical, and Psychiatric Nursing. ACC's nursing program consistently maintains high pass rates on the NCLEX exam and works closely with an Advisory Committee that provides feedback on nursing/health care industry graduate standards, requirements and desired new graduate outcomes.
- High professional standards
- Superior reputation in the community and excellent rate of hire
- Dual enrollment programs with CU, UCCS, and MSU, which will allow seamless progression to a BSN degree
- Active learning in the classroom, labs and supervised clinical experiences
- Simulation scenarios and state-of-the-art labs
- Accessible faculty and staff — Director and Faculty who are MSN (Master of Nursing Science) prepared, Retention Coordinator, Simulation Coordinator, Lab Coordinator and Clinical Coordinator
- Competitive qualifications application process
You must attend a Nursing Program Information Session prior to submittal of your application to the Nursing Program. When you attend the Information Session, you will be given an "Information Session Attendance Verification Form," and must retain this form to submit with your Nursing Program Application. We highly recommend attending an Information Session at the beginning of your application process as you will gain valuable information to help you with the application process.
In fact, we polled over 1450 attendees at previous Information Sessions to determine the best time to attend a session and 85% recommend attending at the beginning of the process. You may, however, attend an Information Session at any time during the process – it is your choice.
To reserve your space at an info session, please email email@example.com and type INFORMATION SESSION RSVP in the subject line. In the body of the email, enter:
- Telephone number
- Date of the session you wish to attend
You will receive an email reply confirming your reservation.
ADN INFORMATION SESSION DATES
March 21, 9:00 a.m. - noon
April 8, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
April 18, 9:00 a.m. - noon
May 9, 9:00 a.m. - noon
ACC has partnered with three Universities to help you plan for your eventual BSN degree, after completing your ADN at ACC. This special information session will include presentations by representatives from all three schools: Metro State University, CU School of Nursing, and University of Colorado-Colorado Springs. This Special BSN information session will take place on Monday evening, April 27, from 6-8 p.m., in room A2140.
Please RSVP by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate your intention to attend this event.
APPLICATION DATES AND DEADLINES
Application dates and deadline for FALL SEMESTER (August) STARTS
Applications for Fall Semester will open on the THIRD MONDAY OF APRIL at 9:00 a.m. and close on the THIRD FRIDAY IN MAY at 4:00 p.m., immediately preceding the Fall semester for which the student seeks admission.
Application dates and deadline for SPRING SEMESTER (January) STARTS
Applications for Spring Semester will open on the FIRST MONDAY OF NOVEMBER at 9:00 a.m. and close on the THIRD FRIDAY OF DECEMBER at NOON, immediately preceding the Spring semester for which the student seeks admission.
- ADN Curriculum includes theory, lab and clinical components with defined Clinical Competencies
- Practical Nursing Program is available only to those students who have been accepted into the Associate Degree Nursing program and have completed all prerequisites, the first two semester courses, and NUR 169 Transition Into Practical Nursing.
- Practical Nursing Certificate is available only to those students who have been accepted into the Associate Degree Nursing program at ACC and have completed all general education courses required for the 1st year and the first two semester Nursing courses. At that time any nursing student may request enrollment in take NUR 169 which will complete the requirements for receiving the Practical Nursing Certificate.
- The LPN to ADN program is for students who possess a License as a Practical Nurse and wish to complete the ADN program. The LPN to ADN Program at ACC is temporarily closed to new applicants at this time.