Creative Writing Transfer Major, AA
CIP 240101 (AACW)
This program is designed to transfer exclusively to Adam State University's BA in Creative Writing.
The program nurtures beginning and experienced writers with a comprehensive program of creative writing and literature courses. Students are the opportunity to explore multiple genres in creative writing and sharpen critical thinking and analytical skills through the study of past and contemporary literary masters.
Career paths for Creative Writing graduates include authorship, journalism, public relations writing, and self-publication.
A full time student can complete this Associate of Arts (AA) degree in two years. This degree prepares students to transfer to a four-year university to complete the second half of a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Creative Writing.
To be successful, students should have a foundation in writing, a passion for storytelling, and an interest in publishing your creative work.
- GT Pathways Arts & Humanities must be from two different GT Categories: (GT-AH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, or GT-AH4) 6 Credits
- GT Pathways History course (GT-HI1) 3 Credits
- GT Pathways Social & Behavioral Sciences Categories (GT-SS1, GT-SS2 or GT-SS3) 6 Credits
- GT Pathways Natural & Physical Science Categories: SC1-SC2 (3 credits)
- GT Pathways Natural & Physical Science with Lab Category: SC1 (4 credits)
- GT Pathways Arts & Humanities courses (GT-AH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, or GT-AH4), OR Social & Behavioral Science courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2 or GT-SS3), OR History (GT HI1) 3 Credits
Choose from the following:
Choose two from the following:
All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another Colorado institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation