Are you ready to become a leader in the field of emergency services? Getting a BAS in Emergency Service Administration (ESA) will help you Move Mountains in government agencies and private sectors. The program is entirely online, offering a flexible upper level program designed for those who have earned an emergency-related associate degree.
What You Will Study
The ESA program was created in collaboration with employers in public and private safety sectors, including homeland security, emergency management, law enforcement, public transportation, healthcare, and criminal justice. The curriculum provides the foundation and skills for professionals in emergency services to advance into an entry level leadership position and practice proactive leadership in unpredictable and catastrophic situations to minimize risk to responders and the public.
You will get a well-rounded learning experience and training related to proactive strategic planning for disaster prevention and reduction. While in the ESA program, you will:
- Gain skills to operate in emergency service settings
- Work in critical incidents that require multi-agency collaboration and coordination
- Formulate solutions to ethical and legal issues in public safety agencies
- Collect and analyze data for decision-making in the public safety environment
- Employ appropriate course of action for all phases of the cycle of emergencies from preparedness to recovery
- Investigate global issues, then apply best practices to local emergency situations
Completed associate degree (60 credits) from a regionally accredited institution in one of the following areas:
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Management & Planning
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Science Technology
- Homeland Security/Emergency Management
- Law Enforcement
- Public Safety
- Wildland Safety
- Closely related degree
Earn college credit for NFPA, POST, NREMT, and other industry certifications through Prior Learning Assessment. Use this credit toward completing an associate degree in one of the above programs before applying to the ESA program.
Financial Aid and a special BAS Scholarships is available. ACC will provide 10 - $1,000 inaugural scholarships to the first 10 students who apply and are accepted as students in the program for the upcoming 2018-2019 year.