This morning (10/7) Chancellor Garcia sent a message to all CCCS employees with information on COVID-19 Testing Protocols for the Spring 2022 semester. This protocol will add another layer to our community safety net with the intent of keeping our employees and students safe and minimizing disruptions to our in-person learning.
CCCS is partnering with CDPHE (Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment) in receiving vaccination information and CCCS is purchasing software to facilitate the tracking of testing reminders and submissions. There are still many details for the COVID Response Team to finalize. The team’s goal is to have protocols finalized prior to November 2nd when Spring Semester registration opens.
What we know:
- Employees and students, that we know are vaccinated, will have their vaccination information (dates and vaccine provider information) loaded into the new system, on December 16, 2021, and will be exempt from testing. New Students, Employees or those newly vaccinated after December 16 will need to upload their information.
- There will be no exemption process for the testing protocol.
- ACC will accept all vaccines recognized by the World Health Organization.
- Students and employees will get regular reminders to test and follow up emails if they do not submit test information on time.
- Both students and employees who do not adhere to the testing protocol will be subject to progressive discipline with the due process afforded to them by either employee process or the Student Code of Conduct.
- Unvaccinated students would not be automatically dropped from courses.
What we are finalizing:
- The details and process for accessing required testing, for those who are not on campus regularly.
- Frequency of required testing.
- The type of COVID-19 test that will be accepted.
- How the new system will monitor testing.
As of October 1, 2021, in our ACC Community:
We will continue to keep you updated on this progress as will the COVID-19 Information pages on our website.
Have a question for the COVID Response Team? Submit a question or feedback to the team. They meet weekly and want to hear your concerns.
If you want to opt out of testing, we encourage you to get vaccinated and upload your vaccination information by December 16, 2021! There is a vaccination site at the Littleton Campus and you can find additional locations near your home from the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
Office of the President
President [at] arapahoe [dot] edu