While the national public health emergency orders regarding COVID-19 have expired, we know that COVID-19, along with the flu and other respiratory viruses are still circulating and impacting individuals.
Please remember the basics for preventing the spread of communicable illnesses as offered by the Center for Disease Control (CDC):
- Stay up to date on any vaccines and boosters available. Flu, COVID-19, and RSV (if over 60) are all recommended by the CDC and the Colorado Department of Public & Environmental Health.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Stay home when sick please.
- Students – work directly with your faculty if you miss class due to illness.
- Employees – work with your supervisor.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Be sure to cover your mouth / nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces frequently.
At ACC, our custodial team performs a thorough cleaning daily, ensuring that all areas are impeccably maintained. This includes the meticulous cleaning of tables, chairs, door handles, light switches, and other high-touch surfaces, such as elevators. Their dedication to detail helps ensure that our college remains safe and clean. Thank you!
Guidelines and prevention resources
- CDC COVID-19 prevention & guidelines
- CDC Flu prevention & guidelines
- CDC Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) prevention
As of September 25, 2023, the US federal government is offering each household 4 no-cost COVID tests – please register here for your household tests.
For vaccines or other resources for flu, COVID-19, RSV, or other respiratory illnesses, please visit the Colorado Department of Public & Environmental Health. Also – the links for the Arapahoe, Douglas and Denver County public health departments are provided. Depending on your residency, please feel free to check your local health department for resources.
- Arapahoe County Public Health
- Douglas County Health Department
- Denver County Department of Public Health
Thank you all for doing your part to keep our community healthy!