Associate of Fine Arts AFA
This program is designed to transfer to Metropolitan State University of Denver's BFA program.
The Associate of Fine Arts Degree in Studio Art, prepares students for transfer to Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) programs at four-year institutions. The degree is composed of the first two years of study toward the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree. The Associate of Fine Arts degree will provide a well-rounded education with hands-on instruction in studio art courses to develop effective visual expertise in composition, media, and professional presentation standards.
Career paths in Fine Art include professional artist, craft artist, sculptor, painter, illustrator, and art teacher.
A full time student can complete the Associate of Fine Art (AFA) degree in two years. This degree prepares to transfer to a four-year university to complete the second half of a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA).
To be successful, a student should have a strong interest in creative endeavors, fine motor skills, ability to be self-directed, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- GT - One GT Pathways Math course (GT-MA1)
- Recommend MAT 1260 Introduction to Statistics: GT-MA1
- GT - Two GT Pathways Arts and Humanities courses (GT-AH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, GT-AH4)
- GT - One GT Pathways History course (GT-H1)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Social and Behavioral Science courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, GT-SS3)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Natural & Physical Science courses (GT-SC2)
Choose 2 courses from the same studio emphasis:
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
Any Guaranteed Transfer Course
Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics (275) and Independent Study (285): ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC
4 Credits OR higher MAT Course
ANY Foreign Language (including ASL) numbered 111 OR higher
Studio Elective: Students may choose either an advanced III/IV level in the same media emphasis, or choose a choose in a different media.
- Courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation