Sociology Transfer Major, AA
CIP 240101 (SOCL)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at public four-year colleges and universities as designated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) transfer agreement.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
- ENG 122 - English Composition II: GT-CO2 3 Credits AND
- GT - One GT Pathways -approved CO3 course (GTCO3)
- GT - One gtPathways course (GT-MA1) prefer MAT 135 - Introduction to Statistics: GT-MA1, except:
- GT - Three GT Pathways Arts & Humanities courses (GT-AH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, or GT-AH4)
- GT - One GT Pathways History course (GT-HI1)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Social & Behavioral Science courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, GT-SS3)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Natural & Physical Science courses (GT-SC1)
Please Note: If these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the Bachelor's degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.
- GT - Three GT Pathways Sociology courses (GT-SS3) in Social & Behavioral Sciences
Please note: Additional SOC courses beyond the 5 courses (15 credit hours) identified above may not count toward the Sociology major at the receiving 4-year institution.
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
- Any Guaranteed Transfer course.
- Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics, Independent Study, Capstone, and Internships:
ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, ECO, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC.
- ENG 131 - Technical Writing I: GT-CO1 3 Credits (OR higher ENG course)
- HWE 124 - Fitness and Wellness 2 Credits
- MAT 120 - Mathematics for Liberal Arts: GT-MA1 4 Credits (OR higher MAT course)
- ANY Foreign Language (including ASL) numbered 111 or higher
Please Note: Additional SOC courses beyond the five courses (15 credit hours) identified above may not count toward the Sociology major at the receiving 4-year institution. Please consult an Advisor at the receiving 4-year institution for additional information about course selection.
All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another Colorado institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.