Comprehensive Higher Education Certificate
CIP 300001 (CHEC)
The Comprehensive Higher Education Certificate is offered for students participating in Elevate at ACC. Elevate at ACC was established to provide inclusive higher education for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) to foster academic growth, prepare for gainful employment, develop needed skills for independent living & engage socially with the broader campus community.
With the Comprehensive Higher Education Certificate, students that complete the Elevate at ACC program will earn a modified certificate of completion and develop essential occupational and life skills. The program is designed to be a progression of fully-inclusive academic access, outcome-focused vocational preparation, student-centered personal development and naturally-supported student engagement over the course of three years with some flexibility determined by student goals and success. This Certificate program will be highly individualized based upon students' vocational aspirations as aligned with ACC coursework and experience.
- Admission to Arapahoe Community College
- The applicant must have a documented intellectual or developmental disability that interferes with their academic performance.
- Complete and return the Elevate at ACC Application Packet to the Disability Access Services Office by deadline listed on Elevate at ACC web page.
- Basic Application Document
- Documentation of intellectual or developmental disability
- Applicant Essay
- Two Letters of Recommendation (one personal and one professional)
- Complete an admissions interview. (Elevate staff will contact eligible applicants to schedule.)
- Complete the Supplemental Information Packet and bring to interview.
- Participate in an Elevate at ACC Full Day Experience
Upon acceptance into the Elevate at ACC program, student will meet with an Elevate staff advisor to determine an appropriate individualized academic plan in alignment with the student's vocational outcome. 18 credit hours will be spent in courses dedicated to gaining competencies for employment in their desired field.
- Students must complete each course with satisfactory academic progress as determined by their individualized academic plans and Elevate staff advisor.
- To graduate, students must apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- After applying for graduation, all correspondence to a student about the status of their program conferral will be sent to their student email address only.