Practical Nursing Certificate - Academic Plan
Total Credits = 47
This Practical Nurse (PN) certificate is available only to those students who have been accepted into the registered nursing program and have completed all prerequisites, the first two semester courses, and NUR 1069. The certificate prepares the nursing student to take the practical nursing licensure examination and to practice as a licensed practical nurse, offered only as an alternative Nursing Pathway Option. Contact the Nursing Department at 303.797.5939 for more information.
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time)
- *This course requires college level readiness as measured by Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT scores; approved high school course work that is less than five years old; or successful completion of appropriate college-readiness course.
- Course availability is subject to change.
- In order to meet program requirements, students registered for ENG 1021 or ENG 1031 must also register for ENG 0094 unless they can demonstrate otherwise meeting the ENG 0094 standard through assessment testing, prior college coursework, or recent High School coursework. See an Advisor for details.
- Recommended courses may be listed above for certain electives; consult with the Academic Advising Office (advising [at] arapahoe [dot] edu or 303.797.5664) for additional elective recommendations.
- Refer to 2023/2024 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this certificate.