Computer Information Systems – Business AAS - Academic Plan
Total Credits = 60
The Computer Information System (CIS) degree is a two-year Associate of Applied Science degree that prepares students with a solid set of skills and knowledge in the Computer Information System field. The degree allows students to further their knowledge by pursuing an area of emphasis towards industry certification, computer programming or transferring to a 4-year university. Major courses are carefully selected in areas of Information Systems, Computer Networking, and Computer Programming to provide students with an exceptional foundation in the field. Job opportunities exist in entry-level positions as a computer support professional or technician, systems analyst or computer programmer.
- Apply PC Applications
- Understand networking concepts
- Udnerstand database concepts
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time Track)
Recommended Course Sequence (Part-Time Track)
- *This course requires college level readiness as measured by Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT scores; approved high school course work that is less than five years old; or successful completion of appropriate college-readiness course.
- AAA 1001 – College 101: Student Experience is required for all new college students seeking degrees or transfer.
- Course availability is subject to change. In order to meet program requirements, students registered for ENG 1021 or ENG 1031 must also register for ENG 0094 unless they can demonstrate otherwise meeting the ENG 0094 standard through assessment testing, prior college coursework, or recent High School coursework. See an Advisor for details.
- Refer to 2023/2024 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this degree.