ACC offers the first certificate for the Eldercare Specialist in the Nation
- This certificate can be completed with just 2 courses in one semester
- If you are a CNA, come join us to help transform long term care
- Classes offered Fall and Spring semesters
- Admission into the program requires a current CNA certificate
- Your registration must be paid before you begin classes.
- Criminal Background Check
- Course Descriptions
We will prepare you to work in a long term care facility which has based its philosophy of care on the new culture change movement established by the Eden Alternative and Pioneer Network. This movement seeks to transform nursing homes from an institutional model of care to a community (household) model moving away from current departmental silos.
- Expand your traditional role as a CNA to become a specialist in eldercare
- Become a leader in transforming nursing homes to the neighborhood or household model
- Provide cutting edge services and care to residents in long term care
- Focus on building relationships and helping residents make choices that are important to them based on the domains of person-directed care
- Facilitate and participate in team building shared decision making process
- Work in an environment where all staff work with residents in all phases of a community setting, such as
- Plan and facilitate social activities
- Assist with preparing and serving meals
- Conduct learning circles
- Learn leadership skills of decision making, problem solving, and conflict resolution necessary to participate on a self directed work team.
You will benefit from Faculty who are passionate about culture change and are interested in preparing workers who will be committed to this movement.