Do you have a passion for working with young children and their families? Early Childhood Education is a rich and rewarding career that demands well-prepared professionals.
ACC and the Early Childhood Education Department faculty are committed to providing you with a wide variety of academic pathways, and a strong foundation that meets your career goals in early care and education as well as other related fields.
Our programs are designed to help you master the proficiencies you need to become an effective Early Childhood Teacher or Director in Colorado.
Once enrolled in this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in:
- Child growth and development
- Building family and community relationships
- Observation, documentation, and assessment of young children
- Using developmentally effective approaches when teaching young children
- Building meaningful curriculum
- Becoming a professional and advocate for our field
All of our certificate and degree programs include observations and hours in the classroom to provide you with a wide range of hands-on experiences with different ages and programs. Our courses will prepare you for wherever your educational journey takes you.
Jobs in Early Childhood Education
Did you know 85% of a child's brain development takes place in the first 5 years? Early childhood educators play a critical role in preparing children’s healthy development. Currently there is a shortage of well-prepared early childhood professionals in the U.S., according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. With your degree or certificate, you could go on to work with children and their families in:
- Head Start classrooms
- Infant and toddler programs
- Child care centers
- Family child care homes
- Community agencies
- Directing early childhood programs
Check out more career opportunities.
How ACC will support you
We offer tons of great, free resources to help you reach your goals.
- Academic advising to keep you on track.
- Career & Transfer services to help you pick your path and take your next steps, whether you want to start your career or transfer to a 4-year university.
- Financial Aid advisors to help you pay for your education.
- Tutoring services in case you need a little help with your studies.
Are you ready to turn your passion into your dream career? Apply today and we'll help you Move Mountains!