I hope your Fall semester is going GREAT! It is now the second week for many of you – look at all you have already done! Way to go! Welcome to the college for all of you who are new to ACC – I think you will find it a special place. For all of you – returning, continuing and new students alike - we appreciate that you trust ACC with your career & academic goals and we are excited you are joining us this Fall – whether virtually, in person, remotely or online.
Please remember to follow the guidelines so we can all be safe and healthy. Thank you for doing your part! We appreciate it and it will help us stay open and serving you all!
- Coming to campus for an in person class?
- You must wear a CDC approved face covering and be symptom free if you come to any ACC campus. Neck gators and masks that have a vent that exhales ARE NOT approved to be worn on campus.
- Is that sniffle and cough allergies or the Delta variant of COVID? Can’t make it to class because you have symptoms of COVID? Use D2L – all faculty have communicated in D2L how each class is meeting. Contact your instructors.
- I know – there is smoke in the air, allergies, other viruses...the headache may just be a headache. We want to keep the college open, classes in person. Not sure and if it MIGHT be COVID symptoms, please stay home and work with your instructor. Our instructors understand and want to stay healthy too! There are multiple free and easy testing sites near ACC. When in doubt, check it out!
- If you have been exposed to a person who tested positive for COVID, stay home! Please use the Exposure Form to report it and get tested accordingly. Let’s do our part to make sure we can keep ACC healthy and offering in person courses.
- Are you vaccinated? If you are and you want to share that info with ACC via this online form, you will be rewarded with $100 in October. Enter your information by the October 1 deadline and we will send you the details to collect your $100. Not vaccinated yet? ACC has a free vaccination site at Littleton in Parking Lot C and a mobile clinic will be at Parker & Castle Rock on September 15. Watch for details in the Monday Morning To Do!
- Need help? You can contact ALL of our offices and other important resources virtually (scroll to the bottom or visit any ACC webpage for how to contact). Symptom free and masked up? Come on in for in-person assistance. Make an appointment for tutoring, advising or check out our cool library resources!!!
Just recently enrolled? Check out new enrolled student communications you might have missed:
- Stuck? Don’t know who to ask, where to go? Check out the webpages for frequently asked questions. If that doesn’t address your question, please reach out to me via this email address or text or call me on my cell. I will do my best to assist you or connect you with one of the amazing ACC staff who is here to support you.
HAVE A GREAT SEMESTER! Despite all challenges of a global pandemic, congratulations on taking this step to complete your degree, better your career and achieve your goals!
Dr. Lisa Matye Edwards
Vice President of Student Affairs